• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "Little" Jeep

tco3129

I Know,nopics
So I got a few with my cellphone. The quality may not be so great and some were taken at dusk.This is my 77? Kaiser. I used the 53 Frue M105 frame and suspension. In one pic you can see the bed in the back of my Deuce. I plan to do some painting before I mount the bed. Any comments? ( Have fairly tough skin so fire away )
BTW That's my baby and copilot in life in the Cherokee.

Attachments

tco3129

Also plan to flip the hubs and single out. I like the price and availability of the 9x20 ND tires so I'll be sticking with them. Chains are only a small inconvenience to me in winter.

tco3129

More detailed pics coming soon. drove it to visit my son in TN. 800 miles roundtrip. Mostly in the rain and at night. Mostly no Interstates. Cheap electric defrosters died 1/2 way home. Used a squeegee. Got checked by Police in Abington Va while taking a break in a vacant lot (3am). 2 cruisers, 3 cops and a K9. They were more interested in the truck than me:D. GOT to get the drivers seat pad redone. My butt ain't 18 no more.Took my own fuel mix in 3 drums under the tarp. Long, tireing, but actually enjoyable trip. Would do it again. Love the truck.

plym49

That's one of the nicest trailer-spring bobbers I've seen. How did you attach the subframe?

tco3129

Drilled and bolted with grade 8's and locknuts.(Pain in tush) Not fond of welding on frames.(that's just me)
When I install my trailer hitch I will vertical plate the the frames together. Didn't have time before the Veterans Day Parade. Mudflaps fore and aft the rear axle are also in the works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks