• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1008 in cornfield see pics/videos

Midnight Rider

Hope that is your field. Over 30 years ago I was 4 wheelin in my first mv, a 1943 Willys MB. Pulled off the road in a rural area in, I think, southern Ill. Looked like dirt to me. Turned out it was a freshly planted onion field. The farmer caught me and was surprisingly forgiving. I have done some commercial veg farming since then . I would have a hard time being as nice as that farmer was to me. Just a reminder to folks in the hobby to respect the crop lands.

It's people doing stuff like that, that really ticks me off. You know it is a whole lot easier to just go and ask permission to bomb around in someone's field than it is to just do it and try to not get caught. I'm guessing you learned your lesson and that's a good thing.

My father doesn't have a problem with people wanting to drive around on his fields if their not planted, but he's alot more forgiving if you ask before you do it.

If that would have been my field, you could have picked up your MV the next day in a pile of parts.

It's one of the few problems we have living in the country and owning some fields, any jackass with a 4wd drive that wants to go mudding, just does it.

In any event, it looks like the OP had fun and I hope it was his field or that he at least got permission.

Sorry for the rant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks