• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 and all its issues....

erniemigi

Do it right, the buss bar is a power supply for anything 12volt, not sure what u mean by running speakers into it, you can hook up an amp to it and speakers off that, any 12 volt accesories can be hooked up to that, i'm getting ready to install a 12volt air compressor (not the cheap-o dollar store ones either) into the back of my M1009

wayne pick

This might be what your looking for. Blue sea fuse block. it has six + circuts and six- neg grounds. A translucent cover goes over the front. Sorry about the bad cell pic.

Attachments

o1951

Would this 150amp Bussbar work? BLUE SEA SYSTEMS Terminal at West Marine

also for hooking up a stereo, I found this guys pic of the cab fusebox, my 12v's are empty. what would i have to do to hook up the stereo?
I do not like bus bar because it does not have fuses. You gotta go to a fuseblock or use inline fuses - messy and a real pain when an inline blows at night and you gotta find it and change fuse (don't ask how I know)

Is that pix what you have?
Well, then - you do not have to spend $. Looks like you have what you need.
I see fuses and take- offs in the 12v section, so it looks to be hot. I think - pix not clear- I see spare fuse clips. If so, you would plug a fuse sized to protect your equipment into the slot, and wire it up.

It will look nice - like it belongs there, and properly protect your stuff.
No smoke, no flames, no fire.

Last edited:

chief1983

Since this seems like new territory, I'd take your time and do the research to find the Right Way to do the stuff you're interested in doing. If you're talking about a car stereo, you could add a new fuse block tapped off the front battery but there's probably open terminals on the existing one that could power a few devices like a low power stereo. But you'd probably be better off running a line to a stereo's ignition wire from your ignition feed, and run a dedicated, ANL fused line to its power.

Power inverters are probably not the best solution for powering a stereo, but they do come in handy. If you already have the 24V bus bar behind the front seats, I found that the PowerBright 24V inverter line runs nicely off of it. I got the 2300W inverter. Wishing I'd shelled out for the big boy though, as it's the only one that could probably run a welder in the field. (20A @ 120V like even the smallest Harbor Freight welders = 2400W, not accounting for energy lost to heat.)

Power Bright - 24 Volt Modified Sine Wave Power Inverters

wayne pick

A little better pic. The top center lug is a chassis ground. the three terminals on either side are grounds for accessories. Bottom center is always hot positive. Terminals on either side are fused. One fuse for each terminal for a total of six. This fuse block is intended for marine use on glass boats where everything is grounded back to the neg battery terminal. Using the ground side of the block is not nessesary for automotive use, but it does assure a good ground if used.

Attachments

KiefOlsen92

Okay cool thanks guys, Im waiting for a loan for school, pay my parents back for my m1009 and for new bf goodrich all terrains... wen I get cleared for the loan ill have enough to put in a sound system and a fuseblock.
So in a couple more days ill be back with more pestering questions.
Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks