• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 and faux M1007

Elnaucity123

A couple of years ago my father found and bought a 1985/86 M1009 that was still wired for 24 volts, and had a stereo and sound system put in and I thought it would be cool to borrow it and take it to the post (I'm active duty) and show it off to the guys. A week became 3 months, and I eventually bought/traded it from my father. A few issues (mainly the starter and harmonic balancer) and repairs later she has not given me any problems since. I recently decided I needed a backup vehicle just in case the M1009 starts having issues again, so I bought a 1991 Suburban V1500 with a brand new crate 350 and a transmission (6.2/6.5 diesel ones are way too expensive/rusted). After sanding, priming, repainting, and mods I made it look similar to my M1009. The M1007 is not completely finished, but she is getting there.

Attachments