• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 Build

shortydooo222

Sorry this was meant to go on the CUCV page im new to this i dont know how to remove it :(
So I bought this M1009 from motorsource in IL, near where I live this past winter. I dont have any pictures from when i first bought the truck but i just wanted to show all the guys on here some of the stuff that I did, hope fully it will inspire other guys with thier projects or help with any issues anyone might be having with thier CUCV.

Things that I have done:
Bed Lined entire interior
Built center console with speaker
installed radio as well speakers
cup holders front and rear
installed CB radio as well as antenaes
Replaced fuel injection pump
Undercoat
Custom sillguards
Replaced rear taillights and lenses
bedlined lower fenders and quater panels
Custom light bar with 4 100w lights
Fishing rod racks
custom paint job on circular military plate on front
Handles for door (for the ladies)

I am trying to post more pictures but appearantly the files are too large.

Let me know what you guys think or if youd like to see more picures on any specific thing that i have done i do have pictures its just a pain to resize them to post

Attachments

Last edited:

CPAPPY

Looks great , sound like you have done a lot of work so far . Need to post more picture I have never had to resize any picture , anyway nice 09 . Would like to see more pictures of interior, what type of tires are you running ? .

shortydooo222

I'm running 31x10.5x15 Goodyear silent armors and here's some pics of the interior I used rustoleum brand bedliner and if your wondering why I left part of the tailgate UN bedlinered it so my friends and whoever else can sign it, its pretty cool seeing it in person

Attachments

shortydooo222

I'm running 31x10.5x15 Goodyear silent armors they work great on road and off-road and for the other question I picked up these handles from a junk yard they came off of an a Dodge Dakota that was an all off-road set up, I just measured were I wanteblasd to put them pre drilled holes, then I sand blasted them (they were origanally chrome) then painted them flat black then just drilled them in with small machine screws they come in handy for the ladies.that have trouble getting into the truck :D

Attachments

shortydooo222

Yea I know that radio is a bit sloppy what would you reccomend I no longer have any of the mounting hardware that came with the radio so I'm kind of stuck with those mounting brackets maybe a wood/metal shroud to.cover them

WARWAG

Yea I know that radio is a bit sloppy what would you reccomend I no longer have any of the mounting hardware that came with the radio so I'm kind of stuck with those mounting brackets maybe a wood/metal shroud to.cover them

That detracts from the rest of the vehicle. I would suggest at this point to take it to a car audio shop and have them clean it up. It shouldnt cost much and will look much nicer.

dirtroadoutlaw

Darn good looking rig. She looks good & solid. Reminds me of my ol' girl when I first got her! This is the earliest pic that I have after I added bumper, winch, light bar & lights:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the tow rope up front

like was said, just clean up the radio install (any kind of stereo shop could do it for you) with a metal plate painted to the interior color. Then you'll be good to go.

welcome to the green iron disease

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks