• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 has a minor rust issue!!!!!

ryan77

I use the stuff at work for fiberglass shower basses instead of morter mix to set them and level them on high rise buildings, so i figured why not fill that huge rocker to prevent salty water etc getting in!!! It was free so i figured what the **** why not!!!

AMX

I guess that would depend on whether the foam is non porous. In new cars we use foam, but always in sealed plastic bags so they will not hold moisture against the metal. Inside new panel replacements such as your rockers we use a spray wax. Looks like you are on you way to making it look nice . Good luck with it.:beer:

ryan77

I dropped a 10 footer of cast iron on my pickups tailgate and ended up just buying a new tailgate from lmc but the thing was paper thin dented when you stepped on it so i foamed that bad boy and it was solid after that, but those rockers i put in are solid now i even put reinforcement behind the welds with 1/8 steel a buffalo could stand on them.....LOL

AMX

That reminds me of the demolition derby cars when I was young. Some guys were caught filling the doors and other panels with lead. Now I bet that hit hard.

ryan77

Heres a before and after pic both rockers done, both inner fenders done!!! Waiting on battery trays from eastern surplus so i can move the beast, then 3 color nato carc paint job with Sherwin williams waterborne carc!!!

Attachments

ryan77

Heres some pics, body work done no more rust at all, Camo carc paint job done, I love the smell of Sherwin Williams Carc in the morning.....!!!!!!!rofl

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks