• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 IS HERE! Pictures and video!

91W350

Medium rare crow... 8)

I remember I posted in a thread that the steering wheel on my M1008 did not have a alignment tab, in previous GM vehicles, the steering wheel would only go on the shaft in one setting, not true for my M1008. I only took it off to change the ignition lock, so some low life that had a CUCV could not take off with my prized M1008. After the bashing I took, I pulled my steering wheel again to check and mine would go on any spline you wanted to start it on. I did not post photos either.... was just checking my memory cog. It had alignment marks stamped in, but it would go on without the marks lined up. Nice to see that mine is not the only one. Glen

I actually tried to line my new steering wheel up so it was straight when the wheels were straight, since the old steering wheel was turned to the right about an eighth of a turn when I would be driving on a straight-away, and I couldn't do it because of the horn button not wanting to move. The slot it goes through in the locking plate does not allow it to turn any, so I had to resort to lining it all up but adjusting the draglink.
Just a little FYI: to get the steering wheel to adjust to the left, you lengthen the draglink by turning the coupling so the handle of whatever you are turning it with (I used a small pipewrench and used another one to hold the draglink end in place) goes upward in the opposite direction of engine rotation - if that makes any sense.