• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 Rebuild project

Status
Not open for further replies.

on1wheel01

Well guys I picked up this beast last week. 85 M1009 with 123,xxx miles I paid $1700 for it needing some work his name is Sarg. It has 35" tires and a what I was told 6" lift, has some rust in the floor pans and rockers but I am addressing that. First the turbo 400 was slipping so me and a buddy pulled it out and I took it to the shop to have rebuilt at a cost of $800 with a 1 year warranty. Also I plan on doing some custom mods to her. I am currently installing front seats from a 02 TrailBlazer which I picked up for $70, and for the rear I'm using the 3rd row from a 03 ish Suburban which was only $20. Before installing those I am sanding down the floor and putting bed liner on it. Behind the 3rd row I am going to build a storage system out of wood and metal. It will have sized slots for different items, ammo cans(I reload ammo so I have a fair amount stocked up Dillon XL650 FTW), water jugs 2 liter cut outs,and food slots For extra fuel I plan on building a locked cage on both sides where the four threaded holes are. That should be a good spot for fuel canisters. I had thought about keeping it in 5 gallon food grade buckets as that's what I keep my wmo which I have around 15- 20 gallons so far(I buy and sell these so I have a ton on hand lol) in as I am storing it up to run in the future when I get to know my vehicle. Much more to come as it happens.

m1009 build3.jpgm1009 build2.jpgM1009 build.jpgM1009 build1.jpg

Last edited:

on1wheel01

Ok guys I got the transmission and transfer case bolted back up. New rear main is in oil pan gasket is in. Now waiting on my custom drive shaft to be finished being rebuilt. It's a cv style to help with the lift. Also been working on finishing the seat install. TThe 50/50 suburban split seat for the rear is almost finished. Then will finish my front seat install I just have to cut spacers out of my metal stock. I can't wait to fire her up and take it out for a spin. Pics to come

on1wheel01

Thank you!!

Yes they have the integrated belt system. I had planned on using them for the back, but decided to get the suburban ones so I could have the quick release if I ever wanted to haul a atv or whatever in the back.
Not quite finished with the installation yet but getting close
IMAG2847_zps79f012f0.jpg
And a shot of the front seats. They dont match with the rear being tan leather and front gray cloth, but I don't care too much about that
IMAG2848_zpsb7ab6699.jpg

on1wheel01

Ok guys just finished building my first filter for my WMO. Two jean legs lol. Should be a good first filter for the larger particles, then will do through bag filters. Not doing a centrifuge not an option(so don't wanna hear about it).

IMAG2850_zps7ae3cb46.jpg
IMAG2851_zps47de3221.jpg

Last edited:

Skinny

I dig the truck...even like your old round eye jap truck! Those are becoming very rare.

Don't worry about 'prepping' BS. Build your truck the way you want to and post up. Just don't get into being a zombie apocalypse doomsday prepper ;) Not only is it a fad but SS isn't friendly towards that stuff either. Do post up your fuel mods...always like alternative fuel stuff. I just picked up a Fill Rite electric pump and fill nozzle for $100 and will be adding another saddle tank for fuel.

on1wheel01

Well the wait is still flipping going to get my drive shaft back.
But none the less I still have work to do. Today I installed my front seats, I am going to have my 3 1/4 spacers made tonight at work for the inner bracket sliders which will level it all up. I also installed a civi center console. It's blue but I will paint it. I also yesterday started to rhino line the floor pans in the front. Looks great. I'm pretty happy with how the interior is looking, I need to get a buddy to help install the rear seat brackets for the quick release and then take the seats out and sand n rhino line the rear also.

IMAG2862_zps79e0c850.jpg
IMAG2857_zpsff495e50.jpg

on1wheel01

The rear seat is yes are from a suburban and a 2004. The front seats are from a 2002 Chevy TrailBlazer. They needed some new holes drilled, but was worth it they are great. And a good amount of fab work was involved for the rear as I kept the quick release system. Here is my mock up brackets. I did washers for now as I plan on making correct spacers later on.
I kept the quick release system for the rear so I could pull them out and have more cargo room if needed. I am going to build a custom rear storage area behind the rear seats for more items. But plan on having it where I can pull out fast as well.

IMAG2864_zps9aed407f.jpg

on1wheel01

Thanks, I'm glad I settled with the 50/50 seats, as I had originally bought a regular seat. Yes I removed the mounting brackets as well. Figured they would come in handy and they sure did since I am doing the quick release / mounting seats.

Last edited:

on1wheel01

Well for today's work I started the radio install. I wired it all up and did the cut out so far. Not sure where all I will decide to install speakers. I may end up building some sort of box for it in teh rear on the sides. We shall see. More to come

IMAG2865_zps37ae3333.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.