• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M101A1 New Member

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soliders from Oklahoma

Sounds like a lot of work is in store for you.
Did you get it at surplus auction or private seller.

These are incredibly versatile trailers.

Post pics and info as you complete the build.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I'll take the wheel/tire assemblies if they are waste to you. PM me.

nyjett32

Welcome to Steel Soliders from Oklahoma

Sounds like a lot of work is in store for you.
Did you get it at surplus auction or private seller.

These are incredibly versatile trailers.

Post pics and info as you complete the build.
Hey
I won a government auction in NJ.
A municipality was using it to haul compost.
I'll post pics of things as I complete them.
All said and done I'll probably be in to it for 2 grand.
I'll have the exact specs I want and a good project.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

nyjett32

View attachment 696258View attachment 696259View attachment 696260View attachment 696261View attachment 696262View attachment 696263View attachment 696264

Removed Pintle setup.
Placed a 3/4" x 5" bolt, 2 washers and a lock nut all Grade 8 through frame where old bolt was holding chains to outside of frame.
placed the old chain hardware with a few Grade 5 washers as spacers between the two frame members. This was necessary for clearance of the coupler.
Bolted Bulldog 2 5/16", cast iron head coupler, to the frame with all grade 8 hardware.
I was only able to get 3 Bolts on each side and two through top to bottom. This was due to the frame being slightly bent.
Fastened 3/8" x 3" flat steel between the frame members attached by nuts of bolts through top of coupler to the bottom of members.
Members should be able to get four or five bolts

Attachments

Last edited:

nyjett32

The timbren axle less suspension is a interesting suspension but the trailer frame is not rigid enough and will require a subframe
Thanks.
I looked into other Timbren builds with flimsier bases. It supposedly has held up to on an off road use.
Although I don't plan on going off road, I still will beef up the trailer. Going to put 1/4" flat steel inside the C channel.
Also going to install the square tube steel between the Timbren axles. Overkill I think but better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks