• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M101A3...new to MV

ptrjason

Just an update on everything. I am down in Cali right now and heading back to my house in a few hours. Came to visit my mom and get my trailer. Rechecked all the wiring and everything and everything looks good for a 500 mile trip. It will be the first long distance trip with it.

I am a cop in Nevada now, so I can do a VIN inspection if need be. Only kicker is that I can not, for the life of me, find my title. And I don't remember the exact numbers I used from the stencil on the trailer so nothing came back when I tried to do a search on FL DMV title search.

So I am just going to drive it home and either have a VIN issued or just use the stencil numbers again.

I also bought a chassis data plate that is a new reproduction from eBay. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a stamp punch kit and a pop rivet gun and plan on drilling out the old plate on the tongue, and replacing it with the new one and stamping on the VIN to make it look original.

I also left the hitch pin I bought at home in NV so I had to run to Lowes and buy a cheap 3/8 bolt. Didn't think about the grade till now, so hope it will not bend, but the trailer will not be under load. I just plan on locking out the brakes till I get home since I have not had a chance to bleed them yet, and it's been sitting since I have got it. And I do not want the locking up in the middle of nowhere on my way back home.

I'll be taking I-15 to Vegas then US-95 up to home about three hours north of Vegas.

I also bought a pintle ring lock to keep it secure when I am at home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks