• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M3 Halftrack

battlecr

Had Zelda out the field again this last weekend! ;-) Here is just a cool picture of her up at Camp Adair Oregon. Did I tell you I love driving my halftrack?????:D

Don G.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I like the "open door" policy for display (hood and doors open).

It's handy for the people who want to see (and you know everybody wants to), and it also reflects professionalism for rally standards; good stuff. [thumbzup]

battlecr

Zelda was put through her paces this weekend. Followed 2 Hellcats what an off road adventure. Add in a Stuart, a Panzer 3, 2ea. 222 Armored cars. It was a hoot The Hellcats are very fast! I hope this video link comes through.

Don G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZifYKr-PP0I

Attachments

Another Ahab

Zelda was put through her paces this weekend. Followed 2 Hellcats what an off road adventure. Add in a Stuart, a Panzer 3, 2ea. 222 Armored cars. It was a hoot The Hellcats are very fast! I hope this video link comes through.

Don G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZifYKr-PP0I
"Loud-and-Clear" on the link, battlecr, and your half-track is amazingly quiet; I wouldn't have expected that.

I love that your camera is mounted on the gun; excellent:

- Is that a .50 caliber?

- And just curious, but what range are you zeroed-in on the sights for that gun!?

Another Ahab

It's been a busy summer, had Zelda out to the car show at the local high school last weekend. 4 miles from the house so drove her there. Had a great time, lots of interest. Took second in the 1940 to 1949 class. That was a plus! Lots of compliments from the other owners.

Don G
Second Place is terrific and congratulations!

But in regard to those judges:

- Come ON; what can possibly top a WWII Half-track for goodness' sake!!???

I am presuming First Place went to alternate armor in the form of a Panzer V "Panther", because otherwise I'm not convinced.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for bringing this piece of history all the way back. After seeing George C. Scott riding in one in Patton it became my favorite MV, and one day if I hit the lotto I just might.............

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome job on this resto. My bucket list includes a halftrack project...some day...some day...

battlecr

Zelda had another busy weekend. She was at Camp Rilea on the Oregon Coast. Last event for the year before she heads to the barn for some maintenance and more upgrades. She preformed flawlessly. My Friend was driving and it was Awesome watching her move up and engage the enemy. Someone took this Awesome picture!

Don G.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Zelda had another busy weekend. She was at Camp Rilea on the Oregon Coast. Last event for the year before she heads to the barn for some maintenance and more upgrades. She preformed flawlessly. My Friend was driving and it was Awesome watching her move up and engage the enemy. Someone took this Awesome picture!

Don G.
What's in the works!?

battlecr

What's in the works!?
I need to finish the radio wiring and install the intercom system. Also modify one my radios for the FSR frequencies. Need get the brake booster rebuilt. Purchase another fuel tank so have 2 instead of just one. Also need to modify my windshield armor so it will close properly. Got another gas 5o to build. Also after the first of the year I start on Halftrack #2 It will be an M21 Mortar Carrier. (Yeah I know I'm nuts)

Don G.

Another Ahab

I need to finish the radio wiring and install the intercom system. Also modify one my radios for the FSR frequencies. Need get the brake booster rebuilt. Purchase another fuel tank so have 2 instead of just one. Also need to modify my windshield armor so it will close properly. Got another gas 5o to build. Also after the first of the year I start on Halftrack #2 It will be an M21 Mortar Carrier. (Yeah I know I'm nuts)

Don G.
Thanks, Don G.; and if you will be so kind to post the link to your new thread here, it will spare my Big Behind the chore of reaching for the remote.

I am if you can. Please!?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks