• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35A2 BUILD (I know there has to be thousands of these by now)

nchittendon

I thought I was they only one doing that, I have a folder on my desktop of all the build ideas I ran across on here.

Oh no, I archive everything just so I can go back later and double check something, or spark an idea. I've even met up with other members on here and we've swapped deuce folders to expand our archives. I've got over 1000 pictures in my "random deuce pics from the web" folder, and another 1000+ in my personal deuce/project folders. Been on this site since 2006 (had to re-up in 2011 because the site crashed or something...don't remember) and I've saved A LOT of pictures.

rustystud

I'm in the same boat. I was going to mount a 46" tire/rim in the bed of the truck, but fighting it in and out of there in a time of need (more than likely a time that the bed is stuffed full) would be a PITA.

I saw this picture a while ago and archived it on my hard drive. Thought it was a unique way to mount the spare tire (especially since he has added another tank as you want to).

After much thought, and the current modifications I'm doing to my truck I decided that I'll probably end up mounting a spare onto my M105 trailer which will be with me anytime I leave town. Otherwise, I can call any number of people to run to my house and grab it for me if needed.

Thought about a roof mount too, but I don't have a crane or plans for one. So that's out.

Here's what I have done to my M105 trailer so far. Mounted two tires underneath. Mounted fuel can and fire extinguisher in front. Now mounted my S250 shelter in back with room in front for a 100 gallon fuel tank and my MEP-531 generator. Along the sides I have mounted a shepherds jack and on the right side a "Pioneer Tool Carrier".
Soon as more money comes in I will add a full size mechanics tool box inside the shelter, along with shelves to carry spare parts for the deuce.

032 (2).jpg005.jpg001.jpg014.jpg063.jpg032.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

Last edited:

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Rusty, I'm also thinking of a M1101 trailer so that I can easily hual it with my Tacoma as well.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I have done to my M105 trailer so far. Mounted two tires underneath. Mounted fuel can and fire extinguisher in front. Now mounted my S250 shelter in back with room in front for a 100 gallon fuel tank and my MEP-531 generator. Along the sides I have mounted a shepherds jack and on the right side a "Pioneer Tool Carrier".
Soon as more money comes in I will add a full size mechanics tool box inside the shelter, along with shelves to carry spare parts for the deuce.

View attachment 749715View attachment 749722View attachment 749723View attachment 749724View attachment 749716View attachment 749717View attachment 749719View attachment 749720View attachment 749721
Rusty, I was looking for a way to mount my newly acquired S-250 shelter to the bed of my M105A2 trailer, when I happened upon this post. I took one look at your shelter mounts and problem solved. Very clean and well thought out..….Thanks!!

MudMarine

Oh no, I archive everything just so I can go back later and double check something, or spark an idea. I've even met up with other members on here and we've swapped deuce folders to expand our archives. I've got over 1000 pictures in my "random deuce pics from the web" folder, and another 1000+ in my personal deuce/project folders. Been on this site since 2006 (had to re-up in 2011 because the site crashed or something...don't remember) and I've saved A LOT of pictures.
Feel free to stick that folder on Google drive and post the link, I'll download every last one of those pictures! Unfortunately, I'm late into the Deuce game and don't have much of any original content to provide myself.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feel free to stick that folder on Google drive and post the link, I'll download every last one of those pictures! Unfortunately, I'm late into the Deuce game and don't have much of any original content to provide myself.
I just started myself a year ago.

tobyS

Forgot I've added dual tires to the trailer too. I need to have fender flares made up now.

View attachment 749781
Only slightly over legal width Rusty? You didn't take the flange off on the hubs did you? Someone did...not sure I could locate it though. I will be doing that for A3 wheels with dish out on my 105.

rustystud

Only slightly over legal width Rusty? You didn't take the flange off on the hubs did you? Someone did...not sure I could locate it though. I will be doing that for A3 wheels with dish out on my 105.
I'm right at 3/4" over width. Considering how little this see's the road I won't worry about it.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's all good, I've been holding off on dropping a few projects into this thread so who am I to complain. I'm not using it as I should lol.

tobyS

Sorry, didn't mean to divert. I had a part about having a spare tire holder like Rusty's and took it out along with my description of a fold up spare tire holder for a 395. It would have been more on-topic if I had left it.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20181213_134844.jpg
Well I stopped hearing the fuel pump humming so I pulled my pump and decided to clean my tank and fix or replace my pump.
IMG_20181213_144525.jpgIMG_20181213_150806.jpg
The fuel tank looked 100% better than the pump so I emptied out the tank so I could clean it.
IMG_20181213_152016.jpgIMG_20181215_143255.jpg
IMG_20181215_143249.jpg
And if I clean the tank I should put in new electrical connections and fuel line connections right?
IMG_20181216_160059.jpg
New fuel tank bracket lineres from tow straps as well.
IMG_20181216_160111.jpgIMG_20181215_143255.jpgIMG_20181216_170348.jpg
Put it all back together with it all clean and with new hardware and a hand made gasket to boot. Now I painted all the points the fuel tank staraps touched and any other places that showed rust or bear metal.

Now here is the part that will anger folks, I cleaned and fixed the old pump. I have two spares but I reinstalled the old one because I got it working. It also is not a Olympic fuel pump so I could take it apart and clean it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks