• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35A3 Finally arrived yesterday!

Alredneck

Banned
Good looking truck, I dont know what the fuss is all about, yea the A3 may look a lil different than a regular deuce but its still a deuce but with a lot of " refinements " ! :D

jpinst

Thanks for kind words. In the Cab it has a list of fuels the cat engine can take. I can write them down later and you guys can compare and see if they are the same as the miltifuels. To be honest, I did not think the Cat Turbo was a multifuel, but it must be some kind of multifuel if it can take more than 5 different fuels.

As for the Autotrans--I have driven a stick since I was sixteen, but I am actually happy to have the autrans. It seems to runs nice. A Marine mechanic told me not to put it in reverse in low range, or it would screw up the tranny.

Is Will Wagner a mechanic? Where can I find him? I want to get the thing serviced and have all the fluids changed, as i dont have time to read all the manuals just yet but want to get going.

hole

jpinst, first thing nice truck. Yes Will Wagner is a diesel mechanic ( in my opinion the best) he's not too far from you ,maybe 25- 30 miles to the north. In the fall theres a group of us with Deuces that go for a camping trip to our local desert, you should make it a point to come!We have a great time

jpinst

Got any contact info for him? I would like to give him a call and make an appointment at his shop? Camping sounds great if I am in town. Spend a lot of time in Asia these days.

saddamsnightmare

June 14th, 2008.

Dear JPINST:

Look for WillWagner on the memberlist above, set if for descending order or username, Will's on the 7th page forward from the end of the list, member No. 135, username: WillWagner. He's from out in Monroevia, California, and as far as I'm concerned, you guys are very, very lucky to have a man with his skills and interests in the Southern California deuce community. He's helped me a couple of times to find hard to get small parts for my M35A2, windshield screws, radiator hoses and such..... a really good man to know and a righteous friend.
He'll love your M35A3 just because it has all the bells and whistles..... AND I am certain he will tell you to keep the maintenance up on the "O" ring seals (in the front hubs)that connects the CTIS panel and control system to the front wheels.... these seem to be the items that can cripple a M35A3 or HMMWV when they fail. I suspect that the Russians had a better CTIS system, but yours beats getting out a deflating/reinflating 10 tires with either the cab air hose or the emergency brake gladhand hose..... you'd be amazed how long it takes to get 5 or 10 Lbs. back into the tires.... As I said above, I wouldn't mind learning the quirks of a new truck, versus my old M35A2 with 24,444+ miles since her last rebuild in 1990 for Desert Storm.... Be very careful about maintenance, inspections, operation and proper repairs, she'll give back to you just what you give to her......
N.B. They do seem to like to be run regularly, and they do know when someone's abusing them, or caring for them, and they react accordingly.

Have fun, be sane and safe, and try not to smile too much, everyone will be wondering what you're up to.....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce, 686A Tan
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 1-1/2 Cargo Trailer, NATO 3 Color/Conv. to MERDC 4 color
1967 Hercules Gasoline Generator set, MEP023A Woodland Green
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S404.114 MB NATO green
rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks