• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M37 got shot!

TedG

I was just out at the place in Eastern Oregon (missed the Frutland show by a 4 days!) and was going over the M37 from the rough winter. It is used to plow snow by my sister on a 1/2 mile long driveway! As I walked around the to the passenger door, I found a nice hole in it. 22 cal shot at an angle. Pierced the outside skin, missed the glass and linkage and then dented the inside skin. Hmmmm, who would shoot at an M37? Good thing they did not shoot my aluminum fuel trailer!

FYI, I have owned this truck since 1981 :D I roofed a house and this was my payment during that recession :evil: Currently I am checking uship to have it moved to MI, however if it is too expensive, I will have to put it up for sale :cry: as well as the trailer.

Anyone else have there mv shot? To me it feels like someone shot my work-"horse"!

Attachments

TedG

I found the remnants of the bullet and it sure looked like a 22 cal. but I guess it could be another cal bigger or two!

I got a price back from uship and I am going to have my trusty M37 shipped back to me!!! Now, where do I put it? The trailer will stay and hopefully be sold out there. Anybody need an aluminum fuel trailer with baffles. Would make a great biofuel portable trailer!

Gamagoat1

Some one thought it was a deer????
I have a friend that has a red pickup in his yard up in the mountains, hunters keep shooting it. He painted COW on the side.
They shot it again. :cookoo:

TedG

Henry,

Trailer is near Baker City, Oregon [eastern side]. everything but tires' wheels & bearings is aircraft aluminum! estimated aluminum weight is 300-350 pounds. $1,000 cash upon pick up & it is yours! plus you'll make my dad very happy. pm me... 1951, estimates 325 gallon capacity with internal baffles. Great condition!

citizensoldier

That might be a 22 caliber hole but I dont think its from a 22 rim fire! To hit that thick of metal on a angle and penitrate it I bet it was a 222 or 223 round from some distance... I hope that didnt happen when your sister was plowing!!! Hmmmmm.. Not good...

TedG

My M37 was loaded last night in Baker City, OR by my sister and the hauler is on his way! I84-I80 towards MI! Pictures soon...

TedG

Well after many years, my M37 finally back home from it's mission: plowing snow in OR. I brought it back loaded with goodies since the freight was extremely reasonable...given fuel prices now. 6 Michelin XL's, fiberglass top, and some other stuff. Five of the tires are going up for sale and I have new tubes/flaps for them.

Very cool truck and trailer system delivered it and I recommend using this guy. PM me if you want details.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great Save and I have to second the .223 round comment unless it was a 22Mag at close range the rimfire would lack that punch on sheet steel. Now the barn must be getting full in Michigan and for sure if my memory of the midwest serves me I bet she could still push some snow there too. That is a sweet hauler, thanks for the pictures.

TedG

Thanks Armyman!

No shortage of snow but this plow setup will get removed since I have the mog to move snow. I put new shoes on her and removed the old top. Prepping it for the hard top.

BTW...I have another 5 of these new unmounted Michelin XL with new tubes and flaps, plus the 5 NTD's w/rims that I removed for sale! pm me for details.

Regards,

Attachments

jason@snakeriver

In cleaning out one of our M37's we did find a spent 50 cal round in a crack in the back of the bed.
While target shooting one day at a old gas cylinder, we returned to the Ford pickup to find an indentation of the heel of a .223 round that had flown by our heads and hit the pickup.
Some of my days are brighter than others. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks