• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M715

CHRIS UNGER

I have saw a few M715's painted black and they sure look good. I haven't saw a 715 hardtop that I liked but I stand corrected now, beautiful top and truck. Nice job!

wgtactical

I have saw a few M715's painted black and they sure look good. I haven't saw a 715 hardtop that I liked but I stand corrected now, beautiful top and truck. Nice job!
Thank you. We designed and fabricated it, along with many other parts ourselves. It is made from stainless steel since that is what we work with the most. As soon as we finish the overhead console and the switch panel, we will take more photos and post.

wgtactical

Starting the overhead console. This (along with the cover panels that are not shown) is made from aluminum then covered in Cordura to match the rest of the interior.

Attachments

Amer-team

WG, that is one nice looking XM-715. Mine is a 67 stocker, owned about 12 or 13 years. Don't drive mine much and a week or so ago, went to start it and it just did not want to start. Put a little fuel in it and it is amazing what a difference that makes. Did you upgrade the ring and pinions as well?

wgtactical

WG, that is one nice looking XM-715. Mine is a 67 stocker, owned about 12 or 13 years. Don't drive mine much and a week or so ago, went to start it and it just did not want to start. Put a little fuel in it and it is amazing what a difference that makes. Did you upgrade the ring and pinions as well?
Thank you for the kind words. Mine rarely gets driven either and it still has stock ring and pinion gears, but does have lockers installed. At some point I'd like to do the overdrive transmission and a couple other things, but right now we still have too many irons in the fire.

Amer-team

are you looking for stock wheels or custom? There have been threads about changing the centers to custom wheels. Depends on how many you need and where you live. We might be able to find some from some of the people on here.

wgtactical

Hello, do you still make wheels for the M715, if so what are the options and a price range? Thanks for your time, Sincerely, Jim
Hello Jim, I built these using Budd bands and my own centers back in the 90's. I am thinking about making a set of adapters for current military aluminum wheels now since there are several types that should work out nicely. When that happens, I'll probably put the ones on it now on the market as well as offer the adapters that I come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks