• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M813 recovery from Ft. McCoy

camp9

Thanks Mike, You bet they'll remember it, we all will. Our middle son hugged me this morning before he got on the bus and said thanks for letting me go yesterday. :) I don't even have to search GL or GSA or any of the sites anymore, they have it all scoped and tell me about all the trucks and equipment before I have a change to look at any of it. Yep, we'll be using it on the farm, parades, and just fun around the farm. This will be a good project on learning how to prep a truck for and painting it. I need to do some searching and find out what color those trucks were back in the 70's.

camp9

Forgot to mention, even our youngest was waiting on the end of the driveway for us to come down the road last night.

Last edited:

deuceman51

I like the air filter message. I do that all the time at the guard shop when I do oil changes on military trucks and APCs. My messages usually have a lot to do with what mood i'm in or who may have crossed me that day, lol

camp9

Outstanding! Glad your trip went well. Truck looks good!
Thanks, but pictures do wonders for this truck. It's solid, drives and runs great, but the paint is flaking all over, inside and out. There is a different green under the camo, and I even see some yellow on the sides and very center back with red letters. I took a knife to see if I could get the paint off enough to see what the red letters are, but it's all pealing off making it hard to see what it is.

camp9

I like the air filter message. I do that all the time at the guard shop when I do oil changes on military trucks and APCs. My messages usually have a lot to do with what mood i'm in or who may have crossed me that day, lol
Kind of like a little time capsule. :smile: I use to live north of you by a little town called Wishek, ND

Norseland

Great Truck Camp, who cares about the looks for now, got home w/ it minus problems! Ha!

As far as your son by the Hmv, Hmm? Good thing there are no sales men on the GL, eh?
Ha! "Wow! is the Hummer you, you got check out the interior, Hey I just noticed, did you know this paint matchs the color of your eyes?, Ithink you gotta take this baby home now before this teenager comes back w/ his Dad, I'm just sayin...."

Ha! Sorry couldnt resist. Great Score Camp!

john

camp9

Ya, I told them that I bet the way things are going they'll get a chance to buy a HMMWV some day. There sure is a pile of them there.

I think we decided to paint it OD green with the white star on doors, hood, and bumpers. We found one painted that way when looking at how they were painted. Here's the pic we found.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks