• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M813A1 Got some new shoes

FM5332FF

Well I wanted the 1600's before i even bought my truck, so i bought a couple tires and I recently picked up 5 more which gave me a complete set and then a spare. I was tired of my NDT's mainly because they stink in the mud down here and I even got stuck in my back yard. So this week I did the swap, Rather than breaking two bud nuts and having to cut them off with a cutoff wheel everything went great. Here are some pics.

Attachments

FM5332FF

The turning radius isn't too bad the left front tire rubs the steering box if they are turned hard to the right, but rather than that every thing seems fine, it does wander a little more than when I had the stickers but the ride seems to be just as smooth.

Rene M

Having a 5 ton is like having a rather large Johnson it kind of makes room for it self. While I have no experence with the large Johnson but my M813a1 does leave a mark on trails that the h1 guys love...

FM5332FF

I have made a couple of my own trails already, but lately the truck has been getting put to work moving stuff around my property, My next toy will be a bit smaller, I have been looking for a unimog 404 to play with on the trails, and I should have enough dough to pick one up in a month or so. Ive been saving my spare change and havnt been able to go out much due to working on my house every stinking day. Pete I have not forgot about those parts, if you still have them by the time I can swing up your way, I will take them, we just finished the drywall and texture in my house , so we start paint this weekend. so a couple weeks more and I will be using the 5ton as a moving truck and then I will have all the free time in the world :jumpin:

lsansone

I have made a couple of my own trails already, but lately the truck has been getting put to work moving stuff around my property, My next toy will be a bit smaller, I have been looking for a unimog 404 to play with on the trails, and I should have enough dough to pick one up in a month or so. Ive been saving my spare change and havnt been able to go out much due to working on my house every stinking day. Pete I have not forgot about those parts, if you still have them by the time I can swing up your way, I will take them, we just finished the drywall and texture in my house , so we start paint this weekend. so a couple weeks more and I will be using the 5ton as a moving truck and then I will have all the free time in the world :jumpin:

I have a 404 and 406 along with a 817.. if you have never driven a 404 you are in for a treat. they are just really fun to drive and really quite unstopable. love the 817, but nothing compares to a unimog. best wishes
lou