• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M818 recovery MCLB Barstow (AKA the surface of the sun)

Check the fuel tank selector valve for leaks.
they are known for allowing air to get into the fuel system.

a little back pressure with air might show you where its leaking.

the fuel pressure gauge is only used when the cold start is operated. (as far as i know)

its tough to trouble shoot from 2000 miles away but i will try.

sure sounds like you are sucking air into the system.
the cummins dont like this at all.

the fuel selector valve looks like an octapuss. all rubber lines and lot of

possibilitys for rot and leaks.

and the valve itself may need reasealed.

grounded

Banned
heck Dave if you can trouble shoot from 600 miles whats 2000 rofl

DaveP is the man on the 818. Even if its something simple and you over look it ;)

998Junkie

It's alive....

Third time was the charm, It took three runs with fully charged batteries and getting working a long time bleeding air yesterday, but this morning I showed up with fully charged batteries, started pumping the primer and the presure went up and I hit the starter and it gurgeled. Pulled the throttle haflway and tried again and it fired up, then the windsheild wipers started moving and air presure made its way to full scale. What a lovely sound. Then drove it out of the way so the new addition could be delivered. Tight fit for a 40' space, but now I have my work cut out for me. A few trips to the brothers and I hope you will see the results.

Happy fourth!:-D

Thanks for all the help. In the end it was air in the fuel line.

Attachments

groundog

glad to hear its running--hope to see you at the brothers----maybe we can have another steel soldier run to brothers---making my list up----Groundog

waayfast

Nice ride ,glad you got 'er to light off.Oh, and the little tiny car thing--no need to explain------don't ask, don't tell--------------(LOL I used to drive a Pinto hacked up and made into a pick-up of sorts "the Pintero")