• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m916 has super singles, I want better rims i think.

cadillac

So I put super 53 inch singles on my m916 but have read that 3 piece hemtt rims the ring can fly out. Does anyone else use these? My 53 inch Michelins are tube less tires but I see these rims use inner tubes , I like tube less due to ez plugging.
I like to do all my own maintenance and I can build a cage like they use to inflate these tires for safety , but really would like to get rid of all that if there are better rims. Let me know any info, Thank you.

Artisan

IMO, if it ain't broke, don't fix it till it is broken, UNLESS,
you are a man of mean$, and if so, by all means, chrome plate
looks cool too...if you know what I mean.

KsM715

:ditto: If they have a ring they are not HMTT rims. HMTT wheels are way more robust than any aftermarket wheel out there

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 different types of HEMTT wheels. The "early" ones are a 3 piece wheel that requires a tube (I think). The two piece "late" ones are what most people are familiar with.

Attachments

cadillac

Well every where i was looking they say Hemtt wheels but there is good and bad info out there, but take a look at the picture and it is 3 piece . I was talking with someone else and he says they are safe but i here that out side rim can come off, but what it takes who knows.
But my tires are tube less but these rims use tubes yucky yucky.

KsM715

Ah. Yep old style split ring HMTT wheels. If the wheel is assembled correctly and the ring seated properly they are safe. It's the breaking down and re-inflating part that you have to be careful of. The newer style wheel (2 piece) are the tubeless style. There were tons and tons ( literally ) dumped into surpluss a few years ago.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?121683-HEMIT-Wheels

Last edited:

cadillac

Yup thats what i thought to, well i will be looking around this summer . I need to get a rim for my other tire, so before i do this will look for other rims. I do know these are alright rims but i like tubeless...... thanks for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks