• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m923a2 in Central TX

dawico

Picked up my first MV just a few days ago. Nothing too super special but I think I am addicted. Now I want more.

1990 BMY m923a2

It has the troop seating rails on the bed which is a cool feature. I would like to get a canvas bow top but it isn't a priority at the moment. I also have a total of three spares but I really hope I don't ever need them. I had to index one tire to hook up the CTIS and that was a big task.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

Very nice Big Rig to start with. Hope you didn't have to change the shredded tire in the cargo area!
Welcome to the madness & git to reading up on yur TM's!

dawico

Very nice Big Rig to start with. Hope you didn't have to change the shredded tire in the cargo area!
Welcome to the madness & git to reading up on yur TM's!
Tm study in the works.

The previous owner had the flat but when he replaced it he didn't index the tire properly to hook up the CTIS. I had to pull it loose to turn it. That is quite the task. Hoping to never get a flat ever. I guy can dream can't he?

61sleepercab

Good looking truck. I would suggest an oil analysis sample kit to check your oils and engine condition. Heavy equipment dealers have oil test kits and you can test engine and automatic transmission oils. Will report on contamination, fuel in oil, etc. Gives you a baseline on condition . Have fun! Mark

dawico

Good looking truck. I would suggest an oil analysis sample kit to check your oils and engine condition. Heavy equipment dealers have oil test kits and you can test engine and automatic transmission oils. Will report on contamination, fuel in oil, etc. Gives you a baseline on condition . Have fun! Mark
I will check that out. Thanks.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I would swap the old michelins on the front with the good years on the middle axle. That's not shredding on the tire in the bed that happens to those michelins from dry rot the sidewalks just come apart. I have seen it many times. Those old tires on a front axle is like playing with fire.

dawico

I would swap the old michelins on the front with the good years on the middle axle. That's not shredding on the tire in the bed that happens to those michelins from dry rot the sidewalks just come apart. I have seen it many times. Those old tires on a front axle is like playing with fire.
I will put that one my list. Thanks for the info. I only have one Michelin on the truck but the spares are Michelins also.

That will help my OCD also. I need to turn the directional Goodyears around on the passenger side too.

I saw the tire date thread. I need to look into that and see how old they are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks