• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M977 HEMTT...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...is gone! I sold it about a month ago, but I waited to say anything until the deal was finalized (payment was received and the truck delivered). I was sad to see it go, but I need the funds to buy some property. Plus, the truck is going to a dedicated owner. He is on this list once in a while. I'll let him chime in about the truck if he so desires.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO! Say it ain't so! What's next, are you going to sell all the 5-tons of yours?

Just kidding, sorry to hear the beast had to leave....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing else is going. It was just a situation where an effort was presented that was too good to turn down given that I want to buy some property. I suppose anything is for sale for the right price and the right price was offered!

M1075

I'm sure it was tough to see it go, but I admire you. You have an eye for quality MVs and your collection is top notch. What I respect the most is that you are able to acquire them, enjoy them, and then trade them off for something bigger and better. You have a rotating collection!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
James, thanks for the very kind words. I'd love to own one again some day. Until then, I'll live vicariously through you and Damon!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! I am shocked Bruce, but I totally understand. I felt the same way when I sold my 923A2. I actually just sold my 818. I am a rotating collector too. Just one at a time though :D

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bruce, there is only so much land. It will only go up in value. Sorry to hear you had to get rid of a truck, but I'm sure you will find another. So, no 818 at Haspin this year Chris?! Will you have an MV at all?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't blame you Bruce, property is almost always a great investment.

Responsibility > toys

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been renting space at a farm for the last nine years. While I feel fortunate to have found this space, I really want my trucks right where I live. If I want to work on something for 30 minutes, I want to be able to walk out back and have at it. That means that I can't deal with HOAs, which inevitably means that I need a decent chunk of land. The wife is happy I sold the HEMTT, I can tell you that! In actuality, I am using a small amount of the money on other trucks, with some going to to finish up what I already have. Trust me...the O.D. sickness is alive and well within me! Still, most will go towards the new property whenever I locate it.

maritimer

i kinda liked that truck of yours lol, but whats that saying" a man aint nothing without his own land" mind if i ask what a ball park figure for a read yto roll hemmtt is?