• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My most recent surplus vehicle, my TUG

Blythewoodjoe

I saw this little vehicle up for sale and knew I had to have it. $210 later and I did. It has a dodge slant six and was made in 1977. It's like my M886 has a little brother. My daughter thinks it's her "car". It weighs over 5000 pounds so it is heavier than my first car. It's a former "army" vehicle, so can I count it as a former military vehicle? Top speed of about 20 MPH so I will not be driving it too far.

Joe

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put some bar tractor tires on the back and use it to drag stuff around the yard. Maybe a pintle that can be slid up and down on a track via air or hydraulics and used it as a lunette type spotting tractor for the military trailers.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My buddy Jason just bought one, same Slant6/727 combo but his is a hardtop. Has a cab heater too!

It's rated for something insane like 140K lbs.

Attachments

toddm

Nice, when I was in the Air Force we had something similar that we used at the supply warehouse to tow a trailer with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks