• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "Motor Home"

Jim Long

This M109 I converted to a solar powered motor home a little over 15 years ago. We have a Murphy that drops over the table and seat/storage boxes, Marine radio, CB radio and scanner. TV VCR/DVD player. We have a head and a pantry. 12V cooler and an ice box. It has only been on landline power once and that was to charge it back up after a battery failure. Separate battery box with five Optima blue tops for solar only.

Attachments

Jim Long

That's quite the van! What is your fresh water setup?
It is a 20 gallon tank, surplus from an old camper. Really, the only thing it does is an occasional hand washing and toilet flush. I set this up in late April in the Sierra and take it down in November after hunting season (120 acres of private land.). So, bringing water up is not a problem Usually hauling ten gallons will suffice. In addition, We have water from a well and a spring on the property.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks