• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my name is Avn-Tech and I am an addict!

Avn-Tech

Group,

Today I traded for a HUMVEE project, about 80% + complete. Some assembly required. Tuesday I am going to look at an M38, and in Jan I will be buying a Pumper (Fire Truck) to also add to my collection of projects.

It is not like I do not have enough projects (13 airplanes, deuce, 3 MKT's, fire truck, fuel truck, aircraft tug, 7 police motorcycles, police car) and that is just what I can remember off the top of my head.

Back to the HUMVEE, I got a frame (burned), suspention (incl hubs), rims, body (needs new 1/4's), hood, doors, top, drive lines, half shafts, ect. Still need motor & trans (have burned 6.2 & th400).

Tomorrow, I will get some pics of the project, when I go out to my hanger.

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech

southdave

I got some crap the easy stuff like motor, and dip stick tubes and 800 lower radiator hoses and some frame work for soft tops. the shipping is prohibitive I have both 6.5 and 6.2 put a cummins in it company in NC or SC does this they are interesting

ClarkeF

Still need motor & trans (have burned 6.2 & th400).

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech
If you need a complete working drive-line, I'm upgrading mine to A2 specs and can give you a runner 6.2, th400, np218, and drive shafts. Also have a pretty complete 2000 yr frame, airlift hooks and cross members available. Phoenix isn't too far away...

PM me if interested.

Clarke

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1037 shelter carrier was a crispy critter too when I started on it. The fire does not seem to hurt the steel parts, I blasted them and put them back in service. It was still a huge amount of work to build the HMMWV from junk.

Avn-Tech

SouthDave,

I plan on putting a Cummins in it, when I get to that point.
Started stripping the frame down today, did not get to far before dark.
Probably going to take awhile, since I normally only get to the hanger one day a week.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks