• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new 84 chevy m1008

madmax46

well here it is my new m1008..i drove these in the army and we did alot of stuff with them you wernt supposed to..lol...you just cant kill these trucks....i got it a week ago for 2400 dollars...i replaced the dash pad rearview mirror back tail lights and front marker lights it was on a farm and they were all broken...i also put on new tires and rims for 450 off another guy from craigslist....its setup for a snow plow which im taking off my ramcharger...i also bought a compushift 4l80e controller and trans cooler and trans pan from derale all for 650 off a guy from craigslist...ive got a few trucks like an s10 and 97 blazer im trading to my local junk yard for a 4l80e with transfer case driveshaft and factory computer and wiring and driveshafts so they cost will be kept down to a minimum...so far ive been having alot of fun with it mudding...im painting it back to army green and ill paint the bed and floors in rhino liner....also a banks turbo with metahnaol injection in a few months ill keep you all posted as i go along.....and aftermarket gauges with tach tomorrow and a new stereo and cigarrette lighter for my cell phone...UPDATE as of today i put in my new bucket seats and center console...wow!!! its nice and the seats grip your back....had to do some fab work and welding these seats were out of a chrylser 500 the center console out of a newer chevy 1500...also i put a K&N air filter last week and man it was the best 52 bucks ive spent...i noticed an immediate increase in power and torque not to mention pickup like a gas motor wow!!!! everyone should get one....UPDATE!!!! I now have a rebuilt 4l80e and compushift computer brand new in the box and i traded my old s10 for a complete frame with 373 geared axles and 33 tires for my truck....when i put all this into my truck anyone know what my mileage will be??? what will my top speed and rpm will be????

Attachments

Last edited:

madmax46

the back is setup for towing with a reese and the pintle i just need to find an adapter for the military plug to 4 wire for my trailer...anyone know where i can find it??????

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats!

the back is setup for towing with a reese and the pintle i just need to find an adapter for the military plug to 4 wire for my trailer...anyone know where i can find it??????
There is a seller on eBay selling them for $120 and I thought I saw an ad here selling them as well.

You can tap into the rear harness for much less using the standard 4 wire trailer light harness. Do that and put the difference into your Rhino line job.

I too recently got a M1008 with a Reese style hitch and the POs did the 4 wire harness like I mentioned above.

Congrats on the purchase - good looking M1008, post pics and welcome aboard!

madmax46

thanx im thinking hooking into the wires is the way to go the whole purpose of this truck is all about saving money when im done with all my upgrades including banks turbo i want it to be a 5 grand truck.....that performs like a 30 thousand dollar setup....so far im well on my way......im stripping a monster truck i bought for 750 bucks with the same axles as my m1008 only setup for 373 and welded....yukkk ill keep the housings for spares and junk the gears....not to mention spare brakes and everything else.....:beer:

madmax46

today put in an fm antenna radio extra wiring block...pulled the bench seat and prepped the floor for rhino liner....anyone want a nice condition bench seat for cheap????tomorrow hitting the junk yard for bucket seats and a center console...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
today put in an fm antenna radio extra wiring block...pulled the bench seat and prepped the floor for rhino liner....anyone want a nice condition bench seat for cheap????tomorrow hitting the junk yard for bucket seats and a center console...

anyone want a nice condition bench seat for cheap????

Sure, need to get details and photos. PM me if you're going to sell it pls.

madmax46

for 60 bucks you can have the seat sunvisors and seat belts...ill take some pics of the seat tomorrow..trust me its in great shape no rips tears very mild discoloration in some spots....ive found a console and bucket seats with power everything out of a suburban im running with.....i also kept the plastic seat belt rings from the seat too....you can have it all for 60 bucks......where are you at?im in joliet illinois....

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take it...

for 60 bucks you can have the seat sunvisors and seat belts...ill take some pics of the seat tomorrow..trust me its in great shape no rips tears very mild discoloration in some spots....ive found a console and bucket seats with power everything out of a suburban im running with.....i also kept the plastic seat belt rings from the seat too....you can have it all for 60 bucks......where are you at?im in joliet illinois....
I'll take it all.

Sending you a PM.

madmax46

this is the best truck ive owned yet..i blew up 2 s10s in 5 years and too many transmissions...when you say locker?what do you mean?the rear gear?its got the blackout lights and m16 racks behind the seats..not enough gauges for my taste though..i got a stewart warner tach today and im adding trans temp water temp oil pressure and aftermerket fuel gauge..mine jumps around too much....i just got to figure out how to run them all...i can do gas engines this dieael is new to me.....

madmax46

not only that i put an overhead console from the junkyard...i put my speakers in it after i cut out the openings and mounted my sunvisors from my other s10 parts truck..it has an opening for my cb in it too....i also added a radio with cd and mp3 hookup in the dash after i removed the block off plate and cut out the metal so a slide in radio mount will fit.......i also got side pouches from a suburban that mount on the doors for paperwork like insurance cards....also added an fm antenna with signal amplifyer...and i put overhead dome lights from a mini van on the roof and foglights with lighted dash toggle switch.....next few days im adding a diesel tach and gauges in the dash...then some light bodywork for the small rust hole in the passenger cab corner and repainting it army green and painting the bed.... i also rustoleum painted the cab floor after i removed the seat...there was a can of oil spilled under it and a ton of dirt we had to scrape and wash it aall out for 45 minutes.....but now its all coming together nicely....pics soon....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks