• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New '90 BMY has fuel pump problems!

flashgordon

Ok, I just got my new 5 ton Home from Colorado yesterday. I didn't even bother working on it in the GL Lot, when she didn't fire right away. I was thinking and praying about an easy fix on the 8 hour haul back. When I started the Process, I fueled her up, cause I pulled the fuel filter and she was bone dry. The Truck has probably be sitting their for years, or at least not started in years. I had a buddy presurize the fuel tank with with some low air pressure and I pulled the supply line from the Bosch high pressure pump. The Fuel started flowing nicely and cleaner looking. After re-tightening the supply line, I continued to pump up the system with the little hand pump. I had my friend hit the starter and she fired up!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! But???????? fuel starts pouring out of the back side of the Bosch PES6MW100 Pump. I shut her down and started making calls. I called a company that rebuilds pump for us and they stated that It was a Mercedes (Version-Model) Pump and that it was in need of a rebuild!!! To the Tune of $$$1750.00!!!!! WOW! any ideas? I dont want to spend that if i dont have to, but i can add some horsepower while im at it, right???

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
FYI....that solenoid (right in the center of the engine pic) is bad about becoming de-energised and cutting the fuel off to the engine.....usually happens when you shut it off.

You just push on the bottom of the little rubber cover to reset it.

When it happens and you don't know that little trick it will drive you nuts trying to crank it.

As for getting the pump rebuilt I would get a second opinion before I popped on that price.

There is a place here in AL that does good work if you want to ship it this far.

Diesel Fuel Systems Inc

(256) 657-5194
Highway 40 E, Henagar, AL 35978

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks