• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Deuce painted Flat Black

DeucesWild11

So I am a new Deuce owner and just got my first deuce last Wed.. The compromise with the wifey was to paint it flat black or not get it at all.. Well I wanted to go with a camo paint job but no luck.. Anyway here are some before and after pics.. She used to be a fire truck so she only has 1,300 original miles. The brakes didn't fully release on the ride home so I burnt up the drums a little.. I pumped the brakes a few times it released.. just think it wasn't used allot..

Looking to purchase some 395 85 20 tires and rims next week from Kublos, they seem to have very good prices.. will post some pics after I get them mounted.

Since she was a fire truck she has a rear PTO hookup behind the cab which I heard is very rare and pricy.. I will be looking to sell in the near future or trade for a Whistler Turbo or which..

The off road lights are some old PIAA 12v's that I had laying around for a few years, I plan on wiring them up in a series to the old AUX lights switch in the dash..

Attachments

DeucesWild11

To JoL

Thanks! The paint is Rustoleum Flat Black that you can pickup at any hardware store. I used two quarts thinned out about 30% with Mineral Spirits in a HVLP paint sprayer.. worked out pretty good but some flaws up close.. Will properly sand down and re-paint in the spring.

Loco_Hosa

Great looking truck!

If your off-road lights use H3 bulbs I would recommend getting some 24v H3s to replace the original 12v ones. 70 watt 24v H3s are only a few dollars at Napa, or I have been told you can order 100 watt 24v H3s online for about $5 each.

I would also recommend removing each brake drum to inspect the wheel cylinders, clean all the moving parts inside with brake clean, and possible have the drums machined if they have gotten that warm.

I absolutely love Black Bobbers :)

Darwin T

mine is rustoleum flat black also. some rattle can, some put on with a regular paint roller. the receiver hitch, winch and front stuff and the M-66 i am working on now rustoleum rattle can bed liner in black. i love a truck i can use a roller on :lol: .

Darwin T

that is the plan after i finish the outside and inside cab. install M-66 gun mount, fording kit (in the box), electric wipers (in the box), fiber glass roof (in the box), install box and cab fuel burning heaters (in the box), pull the 9.00x20's blast and paint the rims and put the 11.00x20's on (ran out of room in the box so they are in a different box). then inside the box. aua

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

Nice!! Sounds like a plan! After my 395's this weekend, I need to install the muffler which I was told would fit it's a 3.5" pipe but some knuckle head downsized the pipe to 2.5" so now I either have to replace the 2.5"" pipe somehow or put in a 2.5 to 3.5" adapter.. Then it's off to create some diamond plate floor boards and trim!

Darwin T

this one is a not turbo with a muffler behind the battery box and i think it is a 2.5" pipe from the muffler. my 2 M35a2's are turbos with the larger pipe.

Darwin T

look behind the battery box and there should be a muffler with a 4" inlet and a 2.5" outlet about 2' long by 12" wide. i had to change mine because it was rusted out from rain down the exhaust pipe.

DeucesWild11

OK cool, I may just keep it for now if it looks like it's in good shape and then just use the adapter to connect the new muffler up the side in-between the mirror brackets.. Oh yeah got to install the new mirrors too..

Darwin T

here is what the muffler behind the battery box looks like from the end. dilligaf13 the roof of the box is covered in the Herculiner bed liner, just poured in on and spread it with a roller. rollers are great. :jumpin:

Attachments

DeucesWild11

Thanks Darwin for the pic.. I also enjoyed the pics in your album.. Nice job on the LED conversion, I also want to do that.. The headlights cost a small fortune though.. perhaps in the future.. plenty of time I only owned her for a week now..