• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Deuce

FreightTrain

Banned
I would have it towed home with that major issue.Fluid swapping is terminal if not addressed.Check the oil and if it looks milky at all then there is a major issue somewhere.If run with water in the oil you will burn the bearings up,crank,Cam,lifters,rings blaa blaa blaa.Water does not lubricate very well.

DanMartin

:ditto:

I would spend some of the money you saved on the deal and get it hauled home for some engine work (if it were me I would see if I could get a whole fresh engine and drop it in and not bother with twiddling with the dodgy one that's in there). You'll spend a little money, but your confidence in the truck will be high once it's all done right.

Of course, that's just what I would do.

Other than the engine, it looks like a solid truck. I would plan on changing all fluids, doing a full PM on everything and probably getting some new(er) tires if they are weather checked.

You saved some money up front (which is good), now you can invest a bit more and make it a super-solid runner that you can drive down the road with confidence and safety.