• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new Deuce

SrIrie

Well here are some pictures of my duce when I got it home and now. I thought I would share with everyone and say a big thanks to the people that have posted info on restoring and modifying. Still have a few things to do but she runs and drives like a champ and I can’t stop grinning :mrgreen: anytime I am working on or driving it.

Attachments

russ81

RE: My new duce

she looks great !!

Getting my new wheels and tires mounted right now. 16 x 20's I'll post some pic's when I get them on the truck.

54reo

RE: My new duce

Very impressive, I like the looks of the three-color cab top. It really stands out.

SrIrie

Re: RE: My new duce

jodyp said:
Your truck looks awsome. Are those the wheel and tire combos from odiron??
Thanks
No the wheels and tires are not from Odiron, tires I bought from berg tire and I made the wheels

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: My new duce

Looks great! Great looking tires. I see you have the front and rear lockouts-how much difference did they make?

SrIrie

Re: RE: Re: RE: My new duce

clinto said:
Looks great! Great looking tires. I see you have the front and rear lockouts-how much difference did they make?
They made a big deference. I had the lockouts before I did anything else to it. With stock tires and the fuel not turned up and with out lockouts, the truck would only reach just over 55 with the pedal flat on the floor. After I put the lockouts on the truck it would over rev and reach 60 and over with ease. Turning also improved considerably it turns a lot sharper with less scrub on the tires.

biodeucel

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: My new duce

I've heard of removing the driveshaft between the duallies, but not lockouts. Where did you get them for this truck?

SrIrie

The lock outs are from www.ouversonengineering.com

The rims take two bud wheels each to make (12 total) and you need a lathe that has at least a 24” swing and a good welder and someone that is qualified to run both. Not too sound like an ars but you have to remember this is a 13,000LB truck you really don’t want a wheel coming apart.

I cut about 5”s from the out side of one wheel and put a 45 degree angle toward the inside on the lip to be welded then using a whole wheel I put a 45 degree angle toward the outside on the lip to be welded. Not only does the two 45’s make it very easy to get the wheel strait and true but your welds are then a bit offset from each other witch makes them stronger. Then cut the outer center out and walla you then have 6 12x20 bud wheels.

biodeucel

"The lock outs are from www.ouversonengineering.com"

Would they be the "DUECE CASTED LOCKOUT"?

That tire size looks great on your truck.

Streetgliderx

thanks cool part is i weld for a living and my neigbor has his own machine shop with lathes!!! i was wanting to do me up some custom rims when i get mine and i been lookin at other designs thanks for the write up sounds like a cool idea.

SrIrie

biodeucel said:
"The lock outs are from www.ouversonengineering.com"

Would they be the "DUECE CASTED LOCKOUT"?

That tire size looks great on your truck.
Yes those are the lockouts you will also need one alloy axle shaft If you have any questions just call Ouverson’s they are very helpful And one of the best companies I have ever dealt with in the 4x4 industry

Jakob

What size are those tires?

Can you get more pics of the wheels? I've read the write-up elsewhere on the site about doing that, but those were for 10" wide wheels. I'm just wondering how much different they look w/ 12" of width.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks