• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new Deuce

fireman9

So I swapped my 1984 CJ-7 for this Deuce. It runs and drive ok, but has some issues as I had expected. I'm thinking about doing a bob job over the winter.
I've installed the NAPA muffler (big difference) and have turned up the fuel 2 full turns, don't worrie not too much smoke and the pryo is on order (the thing was a dog even for a deuce). I think is a "D" turbo, and Does anyone know why the inner wheel well and fender were hacked for the exhust?
What is the bracket behind the muffler for an Antenna ?

Any tips / comments let me know.

Attachments

fireman9

Well I figured that, but where did it go before? Or are all M35's life this. I never looked that close before. Seems to me it could have been done a little neater.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fender may have been hacked because it started life as a non turbo or a gasser.
:ditto:

That's why the hole was cut. I've seen several trucks this way. Some were converted gassers and some were converted non-turbo trucks.

The best I can tell from the pics your truck doesn't have gasser fenders so it must have been non-turbo originally.

Last edited:

fireman9

It's quite at idle and under light throttle, but under a load or at speed (40-55 mph) the turbo has the nicest sound and you really can hear it spool up and down well. I was planning on using it as a work truck so the nosie level had to come down a notch. With the muffler on the truck the next loudest offender is the engine fan. Has anyone found a cluch fan or tried an electric fan? I'm sure it would free up some more horsepower too.