• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new deuce

two.fiveM35

Finally was able to pick up my deuce from Redstone last week. It was in great shape. It is a 65 Kaiser Jeep and was redone in 08. Tarp, top and paint are new. I checked the fluids before I started it and the antifreeze was bright green and the oil wasn't even back yet. I did have a axle seal start to leak after I got it home. I guess that will be my first project. My wife asked to drive it and that is when I mention that a trailer would look good behind it. She agreeed. Wow. I'll try to attach some pictures,

I think it came from the 2nd Battalion, 149th Armor Brigade out of Kentucky, Army reserve. Am I thinking correctly?

Attachments

txdodge43man

Great looking truck
Would like to know how many deuces are in the houston area ive counted 27 just from people I know

If its the inner axel seal that is leaking id drive it around some and see if it keeps leaking. I had a seal leak after sitting for a month got every thing together to replace it went for a long drive and have not see it leak agin it might just be a over fill of oil in the diff. and yes the diff is full of oil lol

Heavysteven

I checked the fluids before I started it and the antifreeze was bright green and the oil wasn't even back yet. I did have a axle seal start to leak after I got it home.

You need to replace all the spring vents on the axles, transfer case, and transmission. Most likely one got clogged axle gear oil heated, expanded, and start going through the inner axle seal. The vents are cheap and are simple to repolace.

Ask how about a clogged vent :shock:that caused a inner axle seal failure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks