• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Gama Goat Project

m38inmaine

This was purchased by the PO in 1995 when these were being released as de-mill items. It looks worse than it really is, at least that's what I keep telling myself. They had a prentice loader there and ripped the fenders off, tearing them off like paper, then crushed the dash and poked a few holes in the upper sides of the body, they never touched the carrier. It comes with a set of TO fenders and dash, extra fuel tanks and other parts. The day he picked it up he drove it on the trailer, the steering column was in it at the time. Luckily the fenders tore off easily and left the attachment points in tact and the body holes are in the single panel areas where there is no foam.
I will be picking it up on my way to the Weare, NH rally in July, those attending will be able to see it there in it's raw form. It looks like there will be spare parts and I hope to trade them around with other members here involved in goat projects. Will update on the road trip and when it starts it's transformation.

Attachments

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries on the that one, most of that will just buff right out. :)

Nice project. There is still a lot of good parts there.

They can't all be trailer queens.

m38inmaine

I'm sure we can trade parts Tom, I have been looking over your parts machine and see the air intake tunnel is just what I need, mine is pretty well toast.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Mark I have to say you made me feel so much better about the one I got. I started to tear up a little just thinking about starting on yours. I don't have a lot spare anythings (other than tires) but add a list of what you need in the thread and I'll certainly keep an eye open. I'll be at the MVPA convention this week so if you have any dream items you just have to have let me know.

61sleepercab

I have a new in the box Gamma Goat Steering Wheel shaft that I bought for a M35 power steering setup and then had to sell the Deuce. PM me. You need to watch GSA auction site as about 2 months ago a dozen Gamma Goats were fire department turn ins in Oklahoma sale . They were mostly intact some with cabs, roll bars etc. Mark

m38inmaine

Thanks for all the comments and offers. I think you will be amazed at the transformation once I get it in the shop for a few days. The majority of the damage is to bolt on parts, this will make progress go a lot faster. Being aluminum is also a plus as there are no rust issues to deal with. My first priority part to find is the air duct, it doesn't show it as a separate part in the tm so I suspect it may be welded in place, any comment on this would be appreciated.

combat32

Wondering about that myself, I could get you one off this junker Goat but not quite sure how to get it off, maybe it's spot welded, will have to take a look at mine.

dmetalmiki

That made me "take fright" when I first saw the pictures, But reading the support and encouragement from other members, together with your attitude and confidence caused me to see that goat give a sigh of relief. Looking forward to seeing the progress and end result.

turnkey

Now this is a project in progress....Look on the bright you use the motor for setting things on if nothing else...Cant wait to see the pics on this one....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks