• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new hobby: Wood military vehicles

ToddJK

That's really cool and awesome job! Might be worth entering in some type of art show or what have you. I will say this, having a hobby is important. Keeps you busy, keeps the mind busy, and something to look forward too. Owning MV's is a hobby but it's not a daily hobby. Stuff like woodwork and art, amongst other things can make great daily hobbies. People who have time on their hands and no hobbies, as I have noticed, are usually more likely to be depressed, miserable, or develop bad habits such as eating disorders, alcoholism, ect.

goldneagle

Here is a Metro Spartan Fire Truck for all you first responders: It took longer to paint than build, but came out great.

Attachments

goldneagle

I downloaded some plans for building a Kaiser M-715. The designer took some artistic license and changed some of the features. I like building my models as close to military look as possible. I downloaded some pictures from the internet to help me modify the plans and come up with a much closer representation of the actual truck I could use some "walk around" pictures of a non-modified M-715 to help me with the details. If anyone can post some here I would appreciate. I will try to do the Kaiser M-715 some justice in my build. I am attaching a screen cap of the model he designed. You are welcome to point out any discrepancies in the design.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Added seats and center console
It really is cool to see somebody who has the skills to do that sort of stuff. I was amazed to see how you cut the layers for the outside of the truck, then the frame, then more truck, and the other side of the frame. LOTS of logic goes in to the build process for sure!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It really is cool to see somebody who has the skills to do that sort of stuff. I was amazed to see how you cut the layers for the outside of the truck, then the frame, then more truck, and the other side of the frame. LOTS of logic goes in to the build process for sure!
Well, that takes me out of the "model business"......LOL

Goldneagle, AMAZING work and attention to detail!! Very impressive.....please do keep us in mind if ya want to start selling......you've definitely got the talent!!

goldneagle

If you ever come across plans for an M37, please let me know.
Found this one before, but it's not even close to the M37 you want. The designer makes some cool model plans but I always have to modify them to make the vehicle more like the real thing. It's annoying but it at least gives me a base plan to work from.

goldneagle

So neat!!

I see the shackles are in place behind the bumperettes.
Guessing that is a blackout light on the hood?
Tail lights still in progress.
Really amazing work!
Thanks. The tail lights are done except for paint. You can see them on the end of the bumper. I hope to have all the parts finished today ready for final sanding and then painting. I am going to add the rope between the front shackles after the painting is done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks