• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new LMTV is blowing water pumps and loosing alternator brackets!

yea you are right, I will just go ahead and use it, now for some wiring instructions, arrrgggg

Seth

Is this the Reverse Polarity Box that usually sits somewhere below spare tire? Suprman has mentioned it can be eliminated on the A0's if I recall right. For some reason part of me remembers it can't be on A1's. But, IMHO.... if you have it use it. Only takes one stupid moment to get confused during a jump start (with all those batteries.... easy to do) and fry things. Kinda like... The box is like us checking driveshafts to protect from costly repai$ of Alternator's, water pumps, transmissions etc. etc.

Duckworthe

Did Todd tell you how bad your shafts were before he fixed them?
Todd told me that "they were just shot and that he wouldn't even place them on the balancer, because the machine would not spin them because of the slop. He did say they were close to the military's "allowable" tolerances. But again if there is movement they are a no-go for the spin machine." As most who have used a lath knows, if it has movement don't spin it!

aleigh

Is this the Reverse Polarity Box that usually sits somewhere below spare tire? Suprman has mentioned it can be eliminated on the A0's if I recall right. For some reason part of me remembers it can't be on A1's. But, IMHO.... if you have it use it. Only takes one stupid moment to get confused during a jump start (with all those batteries.... easy to do) and fry things. Kinda like... The box is like us checking driveshafts to protect from costly repai$ of Alternator's, water pumps, transmissions etc. etc.
IMO keep that thing... It's there to protect from stupid.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The first gen trucks the polarity box is basically a diode array that prevents someone from hooking the batteries up backwards. It only protects power to the cab. On a good portion of the A1 trucks they have an advanced polarity box that is involved with charging and the battery disconnect solenoid circuit.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Often happens here, answers inconclusive, thread stopped.
OP did not post answers, how it was all resolved, or if the truck got sold or just sits. Interesting post #15 and see posts 74, 76, 80 and all the rest.

Also post #230 in here
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...rnator-Disaster-engine-now-catastophic/page17
some procurement officer somewhere should be fired or demoted.
Some "engineers" too.
Supposed to go to battle with this, but 200 hours and they fail.
Reminds me why I like my M14 and my 1911 and NOT my mickey mouse rifle.
Ongoing story.............................................

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
some procurement officer somewhere should be fired or demoted.
Some "engineers" too.
Supposed to go to battle with this, but 200 hours and they fail.
Reminds me why I like my M14 and my 1911 and NOT my mickey mouse rifle.
Ongoing story.............................................
I agree Frank. I have several of those Micky Mouse rifles, but my M1 will reach out and touch someone with very little effort. And yeah, I have a 92FS but I like my 1911 just fine. She spent time on the side of a Navy SeaBee in the Pacific and now sits comfortably in place in her safe.

Just have to remember that everything we have "military" was built by the lowest bidder. Some vendors take the seriousness of what they are manufacture to heart. Others are only chasing the almighty dollar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks