• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1008

kweb434

Got my M1008 home and have been driving it for a week now, I love it!!! The truck seems to run good and I would like to lift it and put 37" tires on it. The 37" military tires are going for 350.00 a set with 85% plus tread left. Any ideas on this.
Well I caught the bug!! I placed a bid on a M101A3 at Ft. Meade an won it. GL told me that being new to GL it may take 90 days before I can pick up the trailer. Is this normal?:?::???:

Milbikes

I won my bid on an M101A2 on 11-11-2010, and received the notice to pick it up on 1-04-2011, so just a rough estimate for my wait is about 50 days.

Hoolio

Before you get carried away with the "toys"...Change out that pesky starter relay in the dashboard..Before I was able to disconnect the batteries , the starter had turned it's last turn from that.. My truck started and the starter stayed engaged and turning..Shut off the key and it was still cranking...OMG... I ran for the usual wrenches to disconnect the batteries just to find the bigger 9/16" nuts instead of the usual 1/2" nuts.. After another chase , I finally got the battery cables disconnected..The starter was smoked....I had it rebuilt for a spare and found a "China Boy " high speed starter for it..So far it has worked OK..But I still have the Delco for a back-up..Another problem you will probably run into is the fuel filter housing will leak down overnight and cause a start then stall...Crank for a while, and it will eventually pump up enough fuel to start and run.. I changed it out for a spin on type fuel filter and housing from NAPA..Have had no fuel issues since....ALSO, run a fuel lubricant/conditioner in the fuel...Those Stanadyne pumps aren't current fuel friendly..They require an extra lubricant..Winter I use Stanadyne fuel additive...Summer I run about 4 to 5 ounces of 2 cycle oil with each fill up..Without the additives , expect the injector pumps to fail at about 30,000 miles or less..MY Chevy M1028A1 had 2486 miles on it when I bought it a year and a half ago..I've done a lot of work to it since , but now it's getting better with all the stuff I've replaced or repaired...Still beats a new truck payment..My last 2 new trucks were disasters...Absolute junk..'98 Ram and a '05 Silverado..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks