• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1009!

Trying this post for the 3rd time (dang dial up!!!!). After months of researching, here, I finally 'took the plunge' and purchased thru a private seller, my first MV! It's a 1984 Chevy M1009 CUCV. New tires on it already, new gas tank, new fender well. Little or no rust, runs like a champ, everything else works! Had to get her repainted, tho..the camo job on it looked like Private snuffie did it with a can of paint, a brush, and a roller at the end of a long road march without hitting the wash rack! I picked MAACO, who also did the window seals, all for about 1100 bucks. The truck cost me just a shade under 3000, so I'm pretty happy! I wasn't happy that they painted over the blackout lights and number 'paddle' on the front, but a little paint thinner will eliminate that issue, and I just switched the numbers so it's all good.

Now all I need is an antenna for my AS3900 base that I acquired, (would like a radio but can't afford one yet), a jerry can holder for the rear, and a couple of other bits, and she'll be 'good to go'! I'm going to stencil it up for a USMC vehicle circa 1989 or so, I'm thinkin.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments