• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New M269

NEWFDAD

Well after waiting weeks, the trailer I won from GSA has finally arrived. I couldn't see much of it in the dark last night, but in the light of day it looks to be in good shape. I do not know much about the M269 so any input from SS members will be welcome. This is one tough looking trailer. Now if GL ever gets back to me on my claim for parts taken off my M818, I may be able to pick up my M818.

I did notice that there are three different light hookups. Is this normal?

I'll post more pics when I get chance to resize them.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We had those trailers in my unit at Fort Benning, Ga. We called them "Air Force Trailers" since they had blue paint under the OD green. We used them to pull two 4000lb rough terrain forklifts at one time.
The transportation unit next to us had a M246 (wrecker with a 5th wheel under the boom) and one of those trailers.
I heard that that combination was used to recover downed helicoptors.
I am looking for one to pull behind my deuce tractor.

Ref the three hookups...the Air Force used civilian vehicles and military tactical and non-tactical vehicles. The trailer had hookups so they could be pulled by a varity of prime movers.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keith...congrats on the trailer. I am not sure about the three hook-ups, but a lot of the older military trailers had both military and civilian hook-ups...sold WESTFOLK such a trailer.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the pic of my C-2 wrecking trailer, the earlier version of the M269. They are close in size. Both have the stake pockets for the bed posts, one would guess those are to restrain a very wrecked aircraft. My opinion is that these trailers rarely were used for this purpose.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks