• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M37

m715

I just got my truck delivered. Here's a few quick pics to show you what I'm starting with. As you can see, this truck has no bed. It was originally a contact-maintenance truck. I am thinking of installing an M101 trailer bed on the back, although I'm not sure if it will fit. More pics to follow.

IMG_3194.jpgIMG_3196.jpgIMG_3197.jpgIMG_3199.jpgIMG_3197.jpg

Attachments

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Sweet truck. When you get a chance could you post a better pic or tell me the brand of the marker lights at the very outside of the front fenders? I'm planning on adding those to my crash truck someday. I've got the contact truck brackets and guards for them but no lights.
A local m37 (actually m201) owner with the same long wheelbase truck as yours was over here just a couple days ago to measure up an m101 bed for it. According to him it was real close with needing maybe a little of the front rail cut off where it would hit the cab. I'll post up some info if he goes through with it.

m715

Porkchop, I will post info on the marker lights for you and some better pics. I have only had time to pull the spark plugs and dump some atf and diesel into the cylinders as the motor is stuck. I did see one valve looked rusted, the rest looked ok. The cab is solid only the front fender has rot under the headlight. this truck has been undercoated so maybe that helped. I have a m101a1 and took some quick measurements and it looks close. I hope to use it for the bed.

m715

Looks like you have enough fuel capacity! Nice truck.
------------------------- frank, as you know the tanks are for a m35. I bought 3 trucks from the same seller, the m37 a m35a2 and a 5 ton wrecker. I am still working on my m35 when its done I will do the m37.
Frank
m715

m715

the dodge m601 truck has its bed mounted high on the frame with wheel wells below the bed. I think the m101a1 bed will look much better. I am trying to find a pic on the net of a m37 with 101 bed but cant find it.

m715

I wont be doing much till spring on this truck. I need to finish my m35A2 first. As you can see two m35 fuel tanks as well as 3 duce doors are on the frame. The cab has parts inside as well. this was all part of a deal I made for 3 trucks.

m715

I got the motor freed and found a stuck open intake valve.I was able to get some heat to it with a propane torch through the plug hole. I got it running today,but have a miss. I ran it for about 25 min to get it hot,after it cools I will do another compression test. At least I know it will run.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks