• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new M816

WPNS421

Pictures of my new M816 Wrecker, she just came out of the paint shop today. She should be home soon. She has all the tools, legs, tow bars etc only missing the bottles. She was completely pm'd, new spin on filters installed. She will be coming home with the new M1010 we bought for my wife, hey a guy has to be nice(if he wants more green toys) This is the after and before picture

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding looking truck ...looks like she's ready to go to work...or just to look pretty. I'm sure she can do both quite well.:drool:

WPNS421

Hi PB, glad to see you around. yes she is pretty but she is also going to work. We have a list of heavy lift jobs just waiting for her. When I bought it, I got all the tools, cables, tow bars, chains, pulleys etc. She is scheduled to go on a 1200 mile run this summer to commemorate the Maple Leaf Up route during WWII, and we have 4 more shows and meetings to go to, she'll be busy. This year I am going into semi retirement again and I plan to go to shows a lot. Now I just have to find her a name.

WPNS421

Looks like Dave's place in Philly right? Nice looking rig!
Yes it's Dave's place. He had a big selection to choose from and he did all the work on the truck. I have bought from him before, this wrecker all done up is cheaper than a few others I've seen and I have nothing to do except enjoy. the biggest challenge in this whole procedure was trying to squeeze something extra for free from Dave. It was a lot of fun.

WPNS421

The color scheme is exactly what was on her before painting. Also she is coming to Canada and our military had the same vehicle, same paint job but no brown. I am keeping her in the context of where she will be. I was offered the tan and other colors and refused; personal choice I quess.

bryan70546

The color scheme is exactly what was on her before painting. Also she is coming to Canada and our military had the same vehicle, same paint job but no brown. I am keeping her in the context of where she will be. I was offered the tan and other colors and refused; personal choice I quess.
Well brown are no brown shes a fine looking machine [thumbzup]

jimmcld

I would like to see more too. Can you show us some pics of the interior and the storage? I would like to see how you stowed all those extras.

WPNS421

Yes I will post the pictures as soon as I get the truck home which should be in a couple of weeks. I was lucky and found the original pamphlet holder (canvas) which contained a plastified lub chart, the complete operator's manual which tells us what goes in what compartment, the book was in the original military binder with unit id marked on the cover.. Also included was a booklet on the towbar, it was still in it's original package.
As stated before we will be installing either a RT524 or a PRC 77 with an Am 2060 and an intercom system. Once she's all dressed I will post the pictures.

KsM715

Nice Truck!! If you get a chance can you post a couple of pictures of the front bumper plates, from an angle above. That's a great idea!!

:ditto: I had mentioned in another thread about building some storgare boxes there. Id like to see how that plate is supported at the fender.

PS beautiful truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks