• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new mechanic

lostintexas

The daughter and I spent some time on the "Beast" doing some routine maintenance: diff fluids, oil, air, and radiator. Fun afternoon and she learned some and was a laugh a minute.

mechanic1.jpg mechanic2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Image links to outside hosting sites are turned off. Download them here for all to see.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cute mechanic not everyday you see a girl under the hood of a MV well maybe not where I'm from half of em don't even know how to pump gas or drive well.......sigh and I'm still trying to find a girl that likes my hobby.

lostintexas

Image links to outside hosting sites are turned off. Download them here for all to see.
Warthog,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've tried uploading the files using both IE and Chrome. Also tried the enhanced upload and basic mode. Nothing seems to be working to get the files uploaded here.

Sorry...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
That's great. Is she driving it yet? I can get mine to hand me the right tool about 30% of the time. My pre-teen girls learned how to drive in my 1009 and now they can drive the van and pickup when necessary. Had hoped to take them out in the 5ton this weekend but it just never happened.

lostintexas

That's great. Is she driving it yet? I can get mine to hand me the right tool about 30% of the time. My pre-teen girls learned how to drive in my 1009 and now they can drive the van and pickup when necessary. Had hoped to take them out in the 5ton this weekend but it just never happened.
Yes sir! She's been driving it since I got it home. She was the first to break down in it when the u-joint snapped in the snow and mud last year. So far all drive time on back roads and trails but she does good. Beginner's license coming next year so the real fun will start.

rlltide12

I was in houston the other day (last week in october) and saw an m1009 headed west bound on I10 coming from the beaumont area. Wasnt you was it?

llong66

Good job lostintexas! My daughter will tell me she will help, but "something else" always seems to come up when the time arrives. Ohh well, Ill catch her one day!! heheh

FloridaAKM

Congrats on getting your daughter involved in something you both like, it will pay you & her back many times over the coming years. I tried that with my step daughters, but all they wanted was money, clothes & boys.....

MtnSnow

Nice job getting her to help pull the PMs on it. Although I will say get her some disposable gloves because once my daughter got her hands dirty with diesel oil once that was the end of getting her to help.....something about it making her hands still looking dirty after washing them a couple of times....lol

barefootin

Keep nurturing and training that young one. It is important that we teach our girls life skills such as these. Not only does it help them excel, it provides them an independence that is invaluable. My wife and I have been wrenching together since our teens. I've talked her through multiple repairs via the phone over the years when something happened while I was out of town. My 15yo daughter and my wife replaced a window regulator in my sons car a few weeks ago when a track wheel broke (yeah I just said this). This past weekend I was teaching my daughter how to run the drill press and band saw to give her a leg up in a tech class she is taking in school.... :) Anytime a "girly girl" can show up some boys, take the opportunity. Besides, it is quality time and if she is willing to learn something from dad.... savor the moment....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks