• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new MEP-003A, all trailered up!

Deuce_of_Spades

I won a MEP003A a couple months ago from Camp French. I really wanted it as portable as poss. Mostly just so I could store it in the barn and pull it out and plug it in when needed for power outages. But I also wanted to be able to take it down the road to the inlaws place incase they were out and we weren't. So I built a little trailer out of scraps. Turned out pretty good for a throw together job. Amazing what a coat of paint will do, even if it is the wrong shade! So here you guys go, a couple pics of the finished product! Now I just hope she runs. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Attachments

Deuce_of_Spades

Oh, by the way... The tail end is just a bit heavy if you get the tongue above stomache level. I lost it! My wife and I both hung from the tongue and it wouldn't budge. So there she sat for a photo. Had to go get the tractor for some real muscle.:oops:

MilitaryRestoration

fyi if there is that much weight on the tail end it may tow like garbage as there will be no weight on your hitch usually causing the trailer to swing back and forth left to right especially at certain speeds... you may want to turn the generator around on the trailer to get the weight up front... just my 2 cents otherwise great idea and ya what a coat a paint can do...looks great!

Deuce_of_Spades

M R~ Thanksforthe comment but actually I think its as close to correct as I'll get. Its got a sweet spot of stomache to knees. get it any higher and it shoots out of your hands and get it any lower and you can't lift it up. but keep it in the sweet spot and it moves around nicely. At hitch level it lowers the truck maybe an 1 inch or two at most. I drove it with a buddy following and it road nice and he said it was straight as an arrow. I dont plan on traveling very far with it. In fact now that I own one I guarenteed myself that the power will never go out again! Thats my luck!!!

kurtkds

Nice looking setup you got there.. I would agree with making it portable..:-D:-D

I've been working on a M103a3 trailer that has been sitting in my back yard for about 4 years..

I've got a 15Kw and a 3 KW generator (both Civilian) that have been taking up space in the Garage.

Well now they both are sitting on that trailer..

Now to make the bows and find a Canvas for it.

It sounds like the Canvas will be the hard thing to find.:evil:

Deuce_of_Spades

Kurtkds,
I hear the canvas is easiest to find if you just buy another trailer with it on it!!! You can always use another trailer right?

Avengeusa,
You are right! They are a bit light. They do have just enough left to give her a bit of cusion. If I had access to a bit bigger ones I would have but these were all I had and they were free. She isn't bottomed out and my 5 five mile test drive was very smooth. Just a bit nervous about how top heavy she might be on a turn. I dont plan on much travel time though exept from the barn to the power panel!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks