• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Project - 1942 Ford GPW

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little wind today so was able to do some sandblasting. Got everything done and treated with Ospho rust preventative. Hope to get the under cowl area tomorrow and then clean with Prepall and apply epoxy primer.

GPW-Tub-1.jpg Firewall.jpg Tub-3.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much paint for Zout to watch dry lately but I did install the parking brake assembly. Also, the two top panels above the rear wheel wells were really in crappy condition on my Jeep. I tried lifting the sunken areas above the wheels with heat and cold rags but to no avail. Finally I decide to remove the top portions of the tire wells and weld in a new flat panel. Only got one done today but this will give you an idea. Will take some final dolly work and a small amount of filler but it will be a big improvement. Here are some photos Dave!!!!!!!

Well-Top-1.jpg Well-Top-2.jpg Parking-Break-1.jpg Parking-Brake-2.jpg

Another Ahab

Hey TWM, where do you source something like those (seemingly) new rubber mounts!?

Those things got to be rare as the old proverbial hen's teeth, or am I mistaken?

twm.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AA, those are reproduction parts some by several vintage jeep dealers. I use Ron Fitzpatrick Jeep Parts most of the time.

Another Ahab

Most of us know you tap rubber trees and then convert to form your own mounts.
no update on pics-whats the deal.
Hey, Mr. zout, you're reminding me of a recipe for home-made cookies I read once where it said:

"To make this batch TRULY from scratch, first off, you got to create the Universe".

I guess the guy had a point there, you know?

TWM could probably do it:

Big-Bang-Cosmos-Explosion-008.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is for Zout. Cleaned the Ospho off the bottom of the tub today and then used Scottbrite pads to clean with Prep All and then applied epoxy primer. I know this is not painting but Dave you can watch this paint dry. :p

Tub-Bottom-One.jpg Tub-Bottom-Two.jpg

Another Ahab

This is for Zout. Cleaned the Ospho off the bottom of the tub today and then used Scottbrite pads to clean with Prep All and then applied epoxy primer. I know this is not painting but Dave you can watch this paint dry.
Is that kind of the no-fail three-step Holy Grail for maximum rust resistant prep:

- Ospho+Prep All+Epoxy Primer?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tub Is Prepped!

Weather was perfect today with light winds so I cleaned the upper tub and prepped for epoxy primer. Here is more paint (or should I say primer) for Mr. Zout to watch dry. :-D:-D:-D

Upper-Tub-1.jpg Upper-Tub-2.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still trying to get time in on the tub. Did blast and prime a variety of parts yesterday and fitted and installed the new rear panel on the tub. This was necessary since some butt hole cut up the original to make a tailgate. Here are some pictures.

Misc-Parts.jpg Crash-Pad-Plates.jpg Rear-Panel-Inner.jpg Rear-Panel-Script.jpg