• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new steering wheel

M1008driver

Since I retired I have traded my military fitness for corrections fitness and I am not a slim as I was. In my defense I am 53. :whistle:

I bought a 15" OEM steering wheel off EBAY after researching and deciding it would work on my M1008. It not only worked, but is a pleasure to drive around with. My brother is a locksmith and the installation was easy as he has the right tools.

The steering wheel I bought is the "Chevrolet Chevy truck steering wheel Gmc Silverado C-10 Blazer C/K" and I can confirm it works.

Attachments

Hasdrubal

When I changed over to a tilt-column, it came with this wheel. Being smaller it makes the truck feel more responsive to steering. I also like thats its thicker. A great mod.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most all of the mid 70s through early 90s GM wheels (non air bag) interchange. I put the 4 spoke common with camaros and vega gts on all my trucks except the burb which has the same one the OP posted. The GT wheel is even smaller. Great upgrade

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I agree, looks good.. I have to do the same thing at some point, mine is getting old.
Also, did the steering wheel come with that camo pattern, or is that a steering wheel cover?

I like those seat covers too, but I will probably go with the smittybuilt since you can add,
MOLLE pouchs for storage.

I put a new wheel on my truck last week, just got picks today. I love it, much smaller 13.5" and feels real nice in the hands. I used to have the same model on my jeep years ago. Its a Grant, picked it up for about 45 bucks at oreillys with the mil discount. not to bad and the horn works great where as previously it didnt work at all from gov liq. I also took the opportunity to re-key all the locks to include the one in the column. While I was in there I noticed the turn signal cam was on its last and I do mean last leg as well as the main assembly with the wire harness. So everything came out and got replaced and tightened down, now it feels like new. http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/HarrisonTactical/IMG_0490.jpg
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/HarrisonTactical/IMG_0491.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks