• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new technical truck

Blackmagic94

I just recently finished up. 1993 M998A1, 12k miles
It went from this

To this,

-added full LED lighting, head lights, turn signals, brake lights etc, digital light control push button switch
-new 4 door soft top with C pillar and supports
-Kevlar armored X doors
-deep fording intake snorkel
-A2 Air Drop rear bumper
-spare tire carrier with spare tire
-rear bumper mud flaps
-UHF/VHF military whip antenna assembly
-M6 Pedestal crew served weapon mount with Mk93 soft mount for M2 .50bmg/Mk19 40mm and ammo cans holder
-3 point seat belt conversion for rear seats
-A2 commander high back seats
-repainted
-all lubes serviced

Im pretty happy with this one and it drives super nice

Blackmagic94

Where did I mention I added a deep fording kit? I only mentioned the intake snorkel, I have the rest of the kit if I wanted to install it but I think the muffler looks goofy so there is no point installing the rest of the kit for 60" fording capability.

fnpurist

Where did I mention I added a deep fording kit? I only mentioned the intake snorkel, I have the rest of the kit if I wanted to install it but I think the muffler looks goofy so there is no point installing the rest of the kit for 60" fording capability.
I agree about the muffler looking a little goofy. You did a lot of great add ons

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do NOT see ANY pics., only links, guess it is not important enough to post pics, so I guess it is not enough for me to click on the links.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Technical"? Looks like a HMMWV to me. Your HMMWV outclasses any "technical" I've seen.

You're doing your former US military HMMWV a disservice by lumping it in with "technicals".

iu.jpgyearend1_trucks53__01__960.jpgChadian_soldiers_in_Toyota_pickup_truck.jpg

Lawdog734

you will regret the digital switch when it burns up your switch and wiring....
Agreed - ya might think you want it because it's the most current, but I was at the USASOC Motor Pool at Bragg the other day and even the late uparmored M1152 GMV trucks had the "old" 3-lever switch. That's pretty telling to me.

Dixiedog

Couple of guys have beat you up but I for one do not mind clicking links and it is a great looking truck. Now to just get a M2 for your mount.....