• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new to me 1985 M1009 BIA-FIRE CA-SCA Blazer.. Thank you guys for all your Knowlage

OGMurph

Hey guys lurked on this website long enough.

I bought this off craigslist and it has not stopped impressing me. I payed 3200, it had 32,9XX original miles on it when i drove it home.

On the drive home the shifting was really quite rough and figured thats why this guy wanted out of the m1009. When i got under the thing it was leaking oil pretty bad so i put a new gasket and seal on it/new oil/oil filter. I was going to do the transmission filter but it turned out to be one of the vacuum hoses on the top of the block just slipped off. I slipped it back on and now it shifts like a dream.

It had a bad radiator.. saw fluid after the test drive.. my Rad guy couldn't save the radiator but he had a refurbished one from a 91 diesel suburban that was a quick swap. Also the coolant overflow tank was jb welded on the backside... was able to fine the same one from summit racing that needed just a little fitting to get the top to mount for around $15 shipped.

Got about 1,000 miles on it now and love it.

Thing.jpg

The above shot is from King of the Hammers 2014 in Johnson Valley OHV, CA. I was able to attend the last day for a couple of hours.. Saw 2 other M1009's and a replica wanna be Civ blazer conversion.

Untitled.jpg
This shot is at Rowher Flats/Bouquet Canyon

Untitled.jpg
This one is in the 4x4 park in side Hungry Valley OHV.. SO AWESOME.

Anyone in the CA area around to go 4x4'ing or camping and beer drinking as well.. im always down.

Thank you guys for all your knowledge and advice on this site. Such a wealth of information.

-Murph

AECS

Did you pick that up in Yuma? I think I was thinking about picking that one up, but found one closer to me here in central valley.

AECS

I did, private seller in Taft, that bought it after Avenal State Prison was done with it. It is in pretty good running shape, just a few leaks here and there.

evldoer

Those are great pics of your m1009. Its great to see you using it and having fun with it. Sounds like you made a real good buy. Keep the cool pics coming

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks