• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new toy and new to the site......

Goobs

Thanks all. I am picking it up in Delaware and driving it back to Texas. The guy I got it from has said he has driven it a lot with no mechanical issues and he has 4 of them so I am trusting he has his stuff in order. He has done a bunch of youtube videos of it driving and winch operation and all gauges work, no issues with the CTIS, so we are crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

Thanks for the manual links as well. We are planning on making an extreme RV out of it - either adding a modified camper with slideouts or taking a travel trailer of some sort and mounting it on top. I want to build a cage around it with access to the roof with collapsible seating and gun mounts for my .50 cal and such.

steelandcanvas

Thanks all. I am picking it up in Delaware and driving it back to Texas. The guy I got it from has said he has driven it a lot with no mechanical issues and he has 4 of them so I am trusting he has his stuff in order. He has done a bunch of youtube videos of it driving and winch operation and all gauges work, no issues with the CTIS, so we are crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

Thanks for the manual links as well. We are planning on making an extreme RV out of it - either adding a modified camper with slideouts or taking a travel trailer of some sort and mounting it on top. I want to build a cage around it with access to the roof with collapsible seating and gun mounts for my .50 cal and such.
It's going to be an extreme RV and you're going to put .50 cal mounts on it?

Last edited:

slans31

That is a very nice truck! I have been "given permission" from the wife to get a truck and I am looking! I am learning all that I can and see there is a lot of great info here. Can you give me any pointers, what to watch out for...what to look for? I am looking at all of the auction sites and have seen a couple that were nice, but...honestly, afraid to buy something unseen and attempt to drive it home (over 1k miles). ANY advice would be awesome!! Thanks!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard!

I just sent a reply to your PM with contact information, etc. Looking forward to meeting you.

I've done a few long trips in MV's, having some basic tools, and the TM's loaded in a laptop will get you a long way, and the folks on here are the best for helping you out if you have problems.

Nice truck!

Cheers