• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new toy tiger tank!!!!!!

madmax46

MY NEW TIGER TANK!!!!!! well here it is my new toy....well my buddies but he lets us play with it....talk about always having a place to park show up with this and youll never have that problem again..the gas mileage leaves a little to be desired but hey its a tiger tank people...the neighbors love when this fires up...its alot of fun to ride in and on.....you never have to replace tires again....lol...NOW TO THE SERIOUS SIDE HERE IM A WORLD WAR 2 REENACTOR AND THIS TIGER TANK REPLICA WAS IN SAVING PRIVATE RYAN..BAND OF BROTHERS..RED ROSE OF NORMANDY...THE WEATHER CHANNEL WHEN WEATHER CHANGED HISTORY BATTLE OF THE BULGE EPISODE AND CABLE TV..THE HISTORY CHANNEL..BBC TV...its actually a russian t34/85 tank with metal plating welded on to make it resemble a tiger tank built for the saving private ryan movie.....its currently located in south bend indiana and my buddy also has a german halftrack and 2 deuces to go with it....military vehicles are alot of fun im glad i own an m1008 too....feel free to ask me any questions about it...

Attachments

ryan77

Cool!!! You can tell its not a real tiger by the way the wheels are! The tigers overlap each other!

cheiser666

That tank used to be in our unit (9th hohenstaufen). Until the motor blew up, the current owner replaced the motor.

Where did you see get a ride at?

madmax46

no our tiger tank wasnt in kellys heroes built after...and yes we give rides on the tank and in the tank at public events we do for our reenacting society..go to www.panzergruppewest.com to see what events the tiger will be at and show up there and mention this website and talk to mike kowalski unit commander and tank owner and he will accomodate you...hes a real cool guy...

madmax46

also our tank is not the tank from the east coast 9th SS we are looking for there tank as we want to buy it...wed like to add a second tiger to our unit or have parts for ours.....they made 3 replica tigers for saving private ryan 1 was blown up at the bridge scene by the p51 the other 2 were sold off..we bought one midwest 9thss sspanzergruppewest the other was sold to the 9th ss in california who then sold it to your unit commander 9th ss new york he then got divorced and the motor blew up in the east coast tank...it then was taken back by the bank due to a divorce settlement and now sits in a barn in pennsylvania somewhere....we have been looking for that tank for 2 years now and WE WANT IT!!!! but the price of course has to be right since the motor and trans is blown..and we all know noone sells russian t34/85 motors and transmissions on the cheap in the usa....if anyone knows where that second spr tiger is let me know!!!!!!! i am a member of 9thss hohenstauffen sspanzergruppwest for 8 years now i talk to mike kowalski unit commander and tank owner all the time so let us know....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Kelly's Heroes was filmed in Yugoslavia. A big reason for that was the large amount of available running WW II armor. The fake Tigers were customized T34's.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5Dmg5ATpc&feature=related[/media]
Anybody notice how CLEAN the uniforms were, almost a crease in the pants, the boots are real scuffed, sorta funny fighting your way behind enemy lines, just taking out a town, a laundry trailer must be BII for advance, point units, just in case you have to negotiate with a tank co.

m3a1_ht

Kelly's Heroes was filmed in Yugoslavia. A big reason for that was the large amount of available running WW II armor. The fake Tigers were customized T34's.
I vaguely remember the German halftracks being painted M3s in KH also. Once had someone at a car show try to tell me that my M3A1 was German because he saw it in a movie. Whatever.

Certainly like the Tiger. Love T34s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks