• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new water buffalo

goldneagle

Well if you look closely at the pic, it's got "waste oil" stenciled on the side of the tank. So I'm not so sure I'd ever get it clean enough to want to drink out of it again. I may use it to water livestock or maybe just sell it. Only reason I picked it up was because it was close to home and reasonably priced.
I would use it to pick up used motor oil from local shops to filter later and use in a multi-fuel. You can hook up a pump to it to use in loading and unloading the used oil.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a fuel hauling outfit around you? If so, go ask them who de-gasses their equipment. They can clean it so you can use it for potable water.

I am still kicking myself in the hind quarter for selling the M149 I had that came with the truck. I was worried about how to splain the truck to my wife and panicked aua BTW, did I ever say how much she LOVES the deuce :twisted:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a fellow M149A2 owner I want to congratulate you one your acquisition of the Water buffalo. I have one complete M149A2, one M149A2 minus the tank and one M149 that has a tank but I know it is not the correct tank for the trailer. For some reason I have always wanted one of these after drinking from one when we were out in the field at Homestead AFB Florida. I was a member of one of the medical mobility teams back then and we used an M149A2 for our canteen refills and for the water to heat up our MREs. As far as using my my water buffalo here at the house my plans are to haul potable water from the best source of supply in our area to the house to eliminate having to haul those cumbersome 5-gallon plastic bottles to and from the water supply place that we do business with now. The other water trailer will be used, along with a gas-driven pump for fire suppression. I live next to a forest with 75 foot high trees all around me. We are on well water (which is not the best to use for drinking or fighting fires) and having a backup system just for fire fighting seems a proper use for the extra tank. I use the primary M149A2 in parades and can easily change the faucet system from the auto-shutoff type to the regular spigot that you see on the outside of your home and this does not take long to accomplish. Application? to use as a water supply for a pressure washer and then you can also irrigate plants and shrubs around newly erected homes where running water may not be available yet. Here in Florida we are also plagued with hurricanes and a 400 gallon water supply is nice to have when the regular supply is in short supply! LOTS of uses for these things!
I'm interested in getting a water buffalo for fire supression. has anyone done this? if so, please post pics/explaination on how.

3dAngus

Please don't use it to water your livestock. I know they drink out of dirty lakes and ponds after pooping in it, but man feedings should always be better than anything natural. I wouldn't feed my cows anything that I would be concerned about eating or drinking.

LOVE that BBQ. Someone has some real nice skills to make those cuts at that angle so smoothly. Wish I had skills like that. If I did, I'd be BBQing a whole #1 pig as soon as I burned it off.

mikey

Very nice! It seems like you dont see many of these trailers around. what do people do with them? i know obviously haul water with them, maybe spray crops and fertilizer.... but what other uses are there? I still want to get a M105A2 someday (just because i want one and could use it for whatever) and think a water buffalo would be neat, but just dont know what i would do with it :twisted:
It could make one **** of a mobile keggerator...