• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My newest ride!

rnd-motorsports

just thought I would share my newest ride its A 1985 m1028 just got from gov. was taken out of service in 92 for a tail/ running light short with only 15590 miles on it has the decomission papers in glove box. got it home checked fluids and replaced dead bats and turned key on let glow plug cycle and hit key and with no hes at all came to life and backed off trailer and in to garage pulled all wheels checked brakes and bearings replaced 1 alt. belts and upper rad.hose OH Yes fixed the short in the blackout light switch wires replaced all bulbs and wow all works drives great think I will leave this one alone and drive. no rust at all underside perfect looks like a keeper. [thumbzup]

WOLFMAN1

not trying to be funny. never had your type of truck. ive used the blazer mostly and the humvee. new to learning about other types. what is the diff between the 205 and 208aua

rnd-motorsports

Yes just a little stronger! my other ride has the 205 sort of a frankinstien truck 84 m1008 and international,and 66 gmc more a toy but still cool My next ride will be a 6x6 not sure witch one yet they are all cool!

Attachments

WOLFMAN1

love the ride. well i'll catch you later. did you build that blue one yourself or was it like that when you bought it. tire size? you'll enjoy a 6x6 just depends on which type you get and what you do with it. later man

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 66 Jimmy is very cool. Was it a factory 4WD? I had a 1962 GMC 4x4 panel truck at one time. Would love to have it back.

rnd-motorsports

yes I built the blue one started with a chevy m1008 frame section from rear of front spring hanger and used a 1.5 ton iternational stake truck rear frame half mated together used the dana 60 up front and the 14 bolt out back both with spools and 5:13 gears added a divorced 205 turbo 400 rebuilt by myself with a 4500 stall fed by a 468 big block chevy then bought a 66 gmc from Iowa 2 wheel drive and only 48000 miles got it home and swaped body to my frame did a little body work not much and paintedit myself in my make shift booth looks okay the wife drove in a mud boog and told me needed to do something about steering with39.5 boggers and spool in front sorta hard to steer so installed full hydrolic steering and now she can steer with pinky finger lock to lock

WOLFMAN1

hydrolic steering that is cool. I know a guy that is using hydrolic steering on his rock crawler. he even put the engine up front and radiator in the back of the rig. used hollow tubes that are part of the frame to run the coolant from the rear to the front and back. like i said blue truck nice ride. army truck better ride. love an mv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks