• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My old M275 needs turn signals.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Hi guys my M275 gasser that's being rebuilt is in need of turn signals. Made in 1951 never had turn signals from that I've been reading. Has anyone put a kit of there M35 series trucks before? What parts do I need? How do I wire it into the system. There are to many unknowns I'm not a electrical expert but if someone told me how to do it I can. I just don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

rustystud

The early deuces had a round aluminum housing with three bulbs inside. One for braking, one for lights, and one for turn signals. The fronts had a dedicated turn signal mounted on the fenders with the metal bracket for protection.
I converted my 1988 deuce back to the older style as the newer fiberglass housing kept cracking on me.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simplest was to do this is to obtain a turn signal lever, flasher module, and the short harness that connects the two and install in your truck. Next, run new wires from the flasher module to the four lamp units at the corners of the tractor. Then, using the wire marker id chart, make your connections. Find constant +24 volts and brake application +24 volts on each side of the brake light switch. Abandon the existing wire that feeds the left rear brake light.

therooster2001

I've got both of those inside parts in the classifieds at moment, and going to be at my shop today, and see if I can rustle up the harness. They are off the 5-tons, but should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

therooster2001

I've got both of those inside parts in the classifieds at moment, and going to be at my shop today, and see if I can rustle up the harness. They are off the 5-tons, but should work.
Well, I didn't get to finding the harness, had to rush out of the shop. Let me know if you want me to dig in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks